Lone Star Circle of Care is a non-profit, Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) dedicated to providing high-quality health care to patients in Central Texas. We provide a healthcare home for the uninsured and underserved and proudly provide the opportunity for our team members to make a difference in our community every day.
We offer you a comprehensive compensation package that includes competitive salaries and a generous benefits package. Your benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 403 (b), paid time off and training and development.
If you're interested in helping build a healthier community and improving the lives of others, we invite you to join our team and become part of our dynamic organization!
Our Clinic Site Manager Nurses report to the Practice Administrator and oversee the entire operations of the clinic. Ensure the site is operating as efficiently and effectively as possible to provide for a positive patient experience and for a maximum return on revenue. Responsible for workforce coverage, along with patient and employee satisfaction. Ensures compliance to company policy and procedures as well as state regulations. Work with Practice Administrators on a daily basis to problem solve and manage the clinical site, as well as assist in the interviewing, hiring, counseling, disciplining, and evaluation of clinic employees.
- Considered a leadership position, the Clinic Site Manager-Nurse, is responsible for the daily operations of the assigned clinic (scope can range from school engaged clinic to stand alone clinic with all lines of service offerings).
- Management of needed supplies, inventory management, and proper storage and access to secure supplies, medicines, and vaccines.
- Ensure working order for all medical equipment; work with vendors on maintenance, repair and annual inspection of equipment.
- Responsible for knowledge and compliance of all LSCC policies and procedures
- Implements additional organizational policies and procedures if needed with HR oversight.
- Adheres to established business objectives and criteria for clinic assigned
- Collaborate with Practice Administrators to maximize efficiency and flow, and establish work schedules for clinic staff.
- Manage time and attendance, in conjunction with the practice administrator, to ensure adequate staffing for hours of operation.
- Manage the patient experience.
- Responsible for creating a culture of quality customer service and be an advocate for patients
- Participate as a member of the patient experience team to ensure high levels of patient satisfaction
- Participate and assist in the resolution of patient complaints and grievances, in conjunction with patient experience.
- Provide appropriate training and education to staff as directed.
- Manage the quality improvement program for clinic assigned
- Ensure assigned clinics remain in compliance with Joint Commission and Patient-Centered Medical Home standards
- Provide appropriate and complete documentation to the Practice Administrator and Human Resources on all disciplinary actions
- Provide recommendations to the Practice Administrator on the appropriate course of action with regard to personnel decisions
- Ensure technical capabilities and support for clinic.
- In conjunction with the Practice Administrator, Ownership of NextGen (both EPM and EMR), including but not limited to designated Superuser status
- Manage laboratory compliance and regulations, clinical quality, and documentation for compliance
- Ensure adherence of programs, such as HIPAA, State Funding Programs, etc, for clinic assigned
- Perform audits (payor, program, internal, or external) for clinic assigned and report as directed
- Prepare status reports as directed to update the status and implementation plans of programs, services, and quality initiatives
- Maintenance of OSHA regulations and CLIA compliance
- Monthly reporting for programs (Reach out and Read, VFC, family planning)
- Serve as the liaison between providers and clinical staff as needed
- Conduct staff meetings, maintain open communication, and encourage teamwork for all staff.
- Consult with the Practice Administrator to discuss service problems, respond to community
- needs, enhance public relations, coordinate activities and plans, and promote health programs
- Administer fiscal operations as directed by the Practice Administrator
- Inspect facilities and recommend to the Practice Administrator building or equipment
- modifications to ensure emergency readiness and compliance to access, safety, and sanitation regulations
- Active participation in special projects as assigned
- Perform other related duties as necessary or required which may be assigned or delegated, and which may include provision of direct patient care based upon credentials.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND LICENSE:
- Current valid Texas RN nursing license
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from American Heart Association or American Red Cross required
- Minimum of one (1) – two (2) years of clinical experience (inpatient/outpatient)
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND LICENSE:
- Minimum two (2) years management experience in a Clinic/Outpatient environment
- Previous work using electronic medical records (EMR)
- Bilingual English/Spanish language skills