OB Hospitalist- Certified Nurse Midwife FT and PRN
The Hospital-Based Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN)/ Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM) functions in the specialty area of obstetric medicine in an expanded role to manage a caseload of patients with consultation, collaboration and general supervision from a physician in a hospital-based role. This care is provided within the APRN's specialty area and setting, and scope of practice. Utilizing the extensive knowledge of pathophysiology, pharmacology and physiology acquired, exercises independent judgment in the assessment, diagnosis and initiation of certain delegated medical processes and procedures. The Hospital-Based APRN is additionally involved in education, consultation and research at various levels.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluates pregnant and postpartum women in OB ED.
- Performs the nursing duties related to midwifery including labor and delivery care, care after birth, and newborn care.
- Educates women about different types of care available and encourages them to enhance their pregnancy by being involved.
- Orders, interprets and incorporates diagnostic tests, studies and lab values into the plan of care; evaluates effectiveness.
- Formulates appropriate diagnosis based on history, physical examination and clinical findings.
- Plans and provides care within the framework of policies, unit guidelines and privileges.
- Serves as OB/GYN team member working closely with physicians and other staff to ensure healthy pregnancies and deliveries.
- Prescribes pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic therapies according to privileges.
- Emphasizes patient education, active participation, clear communication between the provider and the women, and an individualized health care experience.
- Advocates birth education, natural childbirth, and the participation of the entire family.
- Teaches patients about all aspects of an infant’s reaction to its environment including but not limited to breast feeding and bonding.
- Communicates and documents pertinent case information in a timely and thorough manner.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Knowledge of midwifery principles and techniques.
- Knowledge of methods ensuring safe working environment for patient, family, and staff including using appropriate personal protection equipment.
- Knowledge of theories of family dynamics, mother-child attachment, parenting, and adult learning concepts.
- Schedule is as needed basis, schedule is available 3 months in advance
- Participation in Holiday rotation required
Education and Experience Required:
- Master’s Degree in Nursing with Midwifery Certification
- 1-3 years as midwife in hospital setting
- Minimum three years of experience as RN including Labor and Delivery in a high-risk center
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Certification of Nurse Midwifery (CNM) program accredited by American College of Nurse Midwives (ACNM).
- Current BLS and ACLS
- DEA Licensure (Preferred but not required
Links to each opportunity:
- AdventHealth Medical Group OB Hospitalist - (PRN) CNM (adventhealthfloridaphysicianjobs.com)
- OB Hospitalist- Certified Nurse Midwife Full-time Position AdventHealth Orlando (adventhealthfloridaphysicianjobs.com)
Apply for OB Hospitalist- Certified Nurse Midwife FT and PRN
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly