Nursing Directors – Women and Infants Hospital – Providence, RI
Women and Infants Hospital has begun a national search for a Nursing Director-LDR, Nursing Director-WIH, and Nursing Director-Med/Surg. Part of Care New England, Women and Infants Hospital (WIH) is a National Center of Excellence in Women's Health and New England's premier hospital for women and newborns. WIH is home to the nation's only mother-baby perinatal psychiatric partial hospital, as well as the nation's only fellowship program in obstetric medicine. With 167 licensed adult beds, 60 newborn bassinets, and 80 neonatal intensive care beds, WIH is the largest obstetrical facility in New England and the 9th largest in the nation, delivering more than 8,000 babies annually. WIH's neonatal intensive care unit, a Center of Excellence, serves as the regional perinatal center, tending to 1,200 newborns each year; about 12 percent are transferred from other hospitals.
The Nursing Directors at Women and Infants Hospital will responsible for delivering the highest quality of patient care and operations within their respective departments. This includes mentoring and developing strong clinical leaders, focusing on improved quality and patient experience, and fostering effective teamwork and collaboration with physicians, staff, patients and other departments. Additional responsibilities will include establishing departmental goals and objectives that meet regulatory compliance, while achieving quality patient care to meet the hospital's mission, vision and goals.
• Master's degree or proof of academic achievement toward a Master's degree in Nursing or related field and must be currently enrolled in a Master's program with a targeted date of completion strongly preferred.
• Licensure or eligibility for licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Rhode Island is required.
• Candidates should possess seven years of progressive experience managing within the department's discipline.
• Highly credible from a clinical perspective. Must be able to earn the respect and trust of the staff and physicians within the respective services related areas.
• Excellent business acumen and proven results relative to productivity, business plan development, process improvement, quality measurements, patient satisfaction, and staff engagement.
Please direct all applications, nominations, and inquiries to Toni Davis using the WittKieffer Candidate Portal:
or via email, at: email@example.com. The Candidate Portal is a secure, easy way to nominate a colleague, express interest, or apply for a position.