AHMG OBGYN Opportunities
Seeking full scope and hospitalist CNM’s
Employees are hired to help Adventist Health System extend the healing ministry of Christ. They are expected to exhibit a continuous behavior of professionalism, which includes but is not limited to, treating customers and co-workers with respect and dignity, aligning behavior with customer service principles, maintaining customer and patient confidentiality, abiding by employee guidelines for professional behavior, exhibiting teamwork behaviors, being effective in conflict resolution, helping others to understand issues and accept changes, demonstrating high standards of work performance and flexibility, maintaining positive interdepartmental relationships, keeping a positive attitude, and adhering to the policies and procedures of the organization.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluates pregnant and postpartum women in OB ED.
- Performs the nursing duties related to midwifery including labor and delivery care, care after birth, and newborn care.
- Educates women about different types of care available and encourages them to enhance their pregnancy by being involved.
- Orders, interprets and incorporates diagnostic tests, studies and lab values into the plan of care; evaluates effectiveness.
- Formulates appropriate diagnosis based on history, physical examination and clinical findings.
- Plans and provides care within the framework of policies, unit guidelines and privileges.
- Serves as OB/GYN team member working closely with physicians and other staff to ensure healthy pregnancies and deliveries.
- Prescribes pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic therapies according to privileges.
- Emphasizes patient education, active participation, clear communication between the provider and the women, and an individualized health care experience.
- Advocates birth education, natural childbirth, and the participation of the entire family.
- Teaches patients about all aspects of an infant’s reaction to its environment including but not limited to breast feeding and bonding.
- Communicates and documents pertinent case information in a timely and thorough manner.
- AdventHealth Orlando AdventHealth Winter Park AdventHealth Altamonte AdventHealth Celebration AdventHealth Davenport
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Knowledge of midwifery principles and techniques.
- Knowledge of methods ensuring safe working environment for patient, family, and staff including using appropriate personal protection equipment.
- Knowledge of theories of family dynamics, mother-child attachment, parenting, and adult learning concepts.
- Participation in Holiday rotation required
Education and Experience Required:
- Master’s Degree in Nursing with Midwifery Certification
- 1-3 years as advanced practice provider for women's health in hospital setting
- Minimum three years of experience as RN including Labor and Delivery in a high-risk center
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Certification of Nurse Midwifery (CNM) program accredited by American College of Nurse Midwives (ACNM).
- Current BLS and ACLS
- DEA Licensure (Preferred but not required)
Please submit CV’s to Rebecca.Haimes@adventhealth.com