Registered Nurse, Clinical Ladder - Pediatric Acute Care
Sign-on bonus of $10,000 and up to $5,000 in relocation for qualified candidates.
This position qualifies for the UVA Medical Center Clinical Ladder. The salary range reflected in this job posting is for an RN Clinician 2. See below for additional information.
Capable clinician focused on expanding knowledge and skills. Consistently provides effective direct care, as part of the interdisciplinary team, to a variety of complex patients. Manages care and implements treatment plans at a refined skill level in collaboration with patients, their families, physicians and other members of the healthcare team. Seeks as well as provides feedback for improved clinical practice. Assumes a beginning leadership role but seeks mentoring in this process.
This job description integrates the ANA 2015 Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice, Third Edition; the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses with Interpretive Statements (ANA, 2015); and the UVA Nursing Professional Practice Model.
ANA Scope and Standards of Practice definition of nursing:
Nursing is the protection, promotion and optimization of health and abilities; prevention of illness and injury; facilitation of healing, alleviation of suffering through the diagnosis and treatment of human response; and advocacy in the care of individuals, families, groups, communities and populations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Relationship-Based Care reflects the influence of the nurse's relationship with self, colleagues and patient/family on the patient experience. Relationship with self and colleagues.
- Relationship-Based Care: reflects the influence of the nurse's relationship with self, colleagues and patient/family on the patient experience. Relationship with patients and families.
- Expert Caring encompasses clinical assessment, planning, prioritizing, coordinating and implementation of care.
- Empowered Leaders demonstrate knowledge of and actively participate in shared governance.
- Lifelong Learners encompasses professional development through formal education, professional certification and internal and external learning opportunities. Recognizes the value of external professional organizations. Supports onboarding of new team members and precepts as applicable.
- Quality Achievement includes adherence to clinical documentation guidelines, comprehension of outcomes data, engagement in performance improvement activities, and commitment to standard work.
- Innovation is demonstrated by application of technologies that support patient care, actively seeking to implement evidence based practice and new knowledge generated by nursing research.
Position Compensation Range: $28.22 - $46.56 Hourly
- Education: Graduate of an accredited nursing program required. Bachelor's of Science in Nursing degree preferred. Bachelor of Science in Nursing required within 5 years of hire.
- Experience: 1 year of relevant experience.
- Licensure: Licensed to practice as a registered nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia. American Heart Association (AHA) Healthcare Provider BLS certification required.
Please Apply here: https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/uvajobs/job/RN--Clinical-Ladder--Pediatric-Acute-Care_R0033318
Job requires standing for prolonged periods, frequently walking and bending/stooping. Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills. Attention to detail and ability to write legibly. Ability to lift/push/pull 20-50 lbs. May be exposed to chemicals, blood/body fluids and infectious disease.
This position qualifies for the UVA Medical Center Clinical Ladder. The salary range reflected in this job posting is for an RN Clinician 2. Additional compensation is available if you are hired into a higher level on the Clinical Ladder. Those hired as either a Clinician 3 or Clinician 4 must have a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree, possess a specialty certification from a national certifying organization, and meet applicable Career Ladder Behaviors. Placement on the Clinical Ladder will be discussed during the recruitment process. Current team members already working as RN Clinician 3 or 4 who wish to transfer to another department will have their level on the Clinical Ladder reviewed by the hiring manager and the PNSO, if applicable.
COVID Vaccination Requirement and Guidelines
Please visit the UVA COVID-19 Job Requirements and Guidelines webpage prior to applying for current information regarding vaccination requirements and guidelines for employment at UVA.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physicians Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.