The Women's Hospital is committed to recruiting and retaining top talent in a wide range of skills and occupations. We need exceptional people who share our passion for providing, family centered, high-quality care to fill clinical and non-clinical roles.
We are currently seeking a part time Registered Nurse to join our team of professionals. The OB/GYN Emergency Department RN specializes in obstetric and gynecologic evaluation prior to admission/transfer/discharge and antenatal testing with emphasis on obtaining appropriate treatment. This position will work 48 hours per pay period, 5 of 6 weekends per 6 week schedule.
This position is benefits eligible. Benefits includetuition reimbursement, PTO accrual starting at hire ( 4.02 hrs PTO/pay), health, vision, dental, disability and life insurance, 401(k) with match, and much more!
WHY WORK FOR THE WOMEN'S HOSPITAL?
We offer a work environment that supports you personally and professionally, and a work culture where you are valued and appreciated. Examples include flexible work schedules for early risers, night owls, weekenders and everyone in between; an extensive benefits package with retirement savings, comprehensive health insurance and pet insurance; and the ability to give back by supporting programs and charities in our community.
WHAT IS REQUIRED FOR RN CANDIDATES?
* Registered Nurse must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
* Current Indiana RN license.
* Maintain BLS, ACLS and NRP certification.
* One-two years' nursing experience is required.
* The RN will adhere to the American Nurses Association Bill of Rights by establishing and maintaining expectations and environments which support sound professional nursing practice.
WHAT ARE THE REGISTERED NURSE RESPONSIBILITIES?
The OB/GYN Emergency Department Registered Nurse will provide emergency care to all patients presenting for evaluation. The OB/GYN Emergency Department Registered Nurse is also responsible for pre-operative, intra-operative and post anesthesia care to the patient requiring cesarean section, postpartum tubal ligation, D&C and cervical cerclage placement and removal.
* Provide direct patient care.
* Demonstrate the knowledge, critical thinking and judgment of and integrates the use of evidence-based outcomes for nursing practice.
* Supervise care delivered.
* Coordinate plan of care.
* Provide education for patients, families, and staff.
* Collaborate with other disciplines.