Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) NICU Registered Nurse you want in your current role? We invest in what matters most to nurses like you - at home, at work, and at every stage in your career. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. David's Medical Center which is a part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.$25K Sign-On Bonus if applicable
St. David's Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils, vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at St. David's Medical Center!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) Registered Nurse (RN), you will be responsible for performing patient assessments, developing a plan of care, and implementing and evaluating care on infants. As a member of the interdisciplinary care team, you will work collaboratively with the other members to assure the safe and accurate delivery of care.
* You will complete admission assessments of newborns
* You will create a plan of care, including discharge plans, revise the plans based on the patients' response to treatment and regularly evaluate plans for effectiveness
* You will conduct on-going assessments of infants and communicate any changes appropriately
* You will administer medications and complete treatments according to hospital policy
* You will assist transport teams in stabilization of infants and provide necessary support and documentation to facilitate the transfer
* You will provide support and education materials to families on homecare, treatments, adoption and support groups
* You will assist mothers in breastfeeding alongside the Lactation Department
* You will delegate work appropriately to non-licensed staff in accordance with standards of practice
What qualifications you will need:
* 1 year of clinical nursing experience in as a Registered Nurse (RN)
* 1 year of nursing experience in an acute care setting - preferred
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
License and Certifications
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) required as per St. David's Healthcare policy
* Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification required as per St. David's Healthcare policy
* S.T.A.B.L.E. Neonatal Education Program Certification - preferredSt. David's Medical Center
is a full-service hospital located in central Austin, Texas. This 300+ bed facility
features a 24-hour emergency department, the region's largest Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
, and the internationally-renowned Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia Institute and St. David's Neuroscience & Spine Institute. The full scope of services provided at St. David's Medical Center includes cancer care, heart and vascular care, imaging services, joint replacement and orthopedics, women's services, complex surgical services, and a Bariatric Surgery Center. The facility is home to a 60+ bed rehabilitation hospital
providing both inpatient and outpatient comprehensive care.
St. David's Medical Center is part of St. David's HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David's HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits — St. David's Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If this opportunity is your next step in your career path, we encourage you to apply for our NICU Registered Nurse opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.