$15,000 Sign-On Bonus! Introduction
Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) New Grad RN Resident Labor and Delivery you want in your current role? We invest in what matters most to nurses like you at home, at work, and at every stage in your career. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Las Palmas Medical Center which is a part of the nations leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing benefits that matter to nurses. At Las Palmas Medical Center, our benefits package offers eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K(100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic AssistanceandReimbursementsfor Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discountsincluding Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home,Auto, andPet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term&Long Term Disabilitycoverage
- Legal Benefitsand lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils, vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at Las Palmas Medical Center!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The HCA Nurse Residency Program will provide education, support, and guidance to new graduate nurses as they begin their careers in HCA Healthcare hospitals. A year-long, extensive clinical orientation (StaRN) and professional development curriculum for new graduate nurses culminates in an evidence-based capstone project.
StaRN Cohort Start Date: 10/10/22
Specialty Training Apprenticeship for Registered Nurses (StaRN)
The StaRN Program provides the graduate nurse with the tools necessary to succeed in todays hospital environment. StaRN will assist the graduate nurse with the transition out of the classroom setting onto the unit by providing the following training:
- Didactic training: introduces nurses to core curriculum and hospital initiatives in a classroom setting
- Simulation training: reinforces nursing skills learned in a didactic setting
- Hands-on training: preceptorship training with a facility preceptor in the nursing unit
- The typical schedule during the first portion of the StaRN is Monday through Friday, 8-hours a day, 40 hours a week, and can include a weekend day during the holidays.
- The preceptorship portion of the program consists of three 12-hour shifts per week and every other weekend at the hospital, following the preceptors schedule.
- Certifications achieved: BLS, ACLS, CPI, EKG, NIH Stroke Scale, Meditech Modules, and specialty-specific certifications
- Attendance is mandatory for the entire program.
- Program acceptance requires a minimum of two (2) years, full-time commitment to the hospital. Residents may be obligated to repay a pro-rated portion of the educational costs should they break that commitment.
Professional Development Program (remainder of the 1st year):
- Paired with a trained mentor for integration and socialization into the culture of professional nursing
- Frequent resident seminars following a core curriculum for professional development
- Completion of an evidence-based poster presentation
- Obtain Charge Nurse and Preceptor skills
Las Palmas Medical Center
- Recent graduate of an accredited nursing school within the past 12-months.
- If ADN must enroll in BSN program within a year of starting
- Current Texas RN license required before program start or appropriate compact licensure. If compact license held, active Texas RN license required within 90 days of hire.
- Previous medical or service industry experience is highly desired but not required.
- Self-motivated and strong communication skills required.
is a 300+... Please click HERE to view full job description.