Are you looking for a place to deliver excellent care patients deserve? At Las Palmas Medical Center we support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as a(an) Newborn Nursery Registered Nurse and access programs to assist with every stage of your career.
Las Palmas Medical Center offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today for our Newborn Nursery Registered Nurse opening and continue to learn!
Job Summary and Qualifications POSITION SUMMARY:
The RN staff nurse provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies and procedures of Las Palmas Medical Center and the Texas Board of Nurse Examiners. In collaboration with the patient, the patients family and other members of the health care team, the clinical RN assesses, plans, implements, evaluates, and coordinates treatment plans and the plan of care. What qualifications you will need:
- Texas or Compact State Nursing License
- BCLS Certification
- NRP Certification within 6 months of hire or immediately with Newborn, Labor and Delivery/Antepartum experience
PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Graduate from an Accredited Associate Degree or Baccalaureate Degree of Nursing Program
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work within a team to ensure quality care
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Strong critical thinking skills and ability to prioritize needs continuously.
- Ability to lead a team and function as a team member.
- Excellent customer service skills follow AIDET philosophy.
- Computer literate in charting and order entry.
Las Palmas Medical Center
- Perinatal and neonatal healthcare experience preferred.
- S.T.A.B.L.E. course certification within 6 months of hire preferred.
- RNC Preferred.
- Breastfeeding education preferred.
is a 300+ bed
full-service hospital in El Paso. It is home to the regions only kidney transplant center
. The facility offers a range of services including emergency care with a Level III trauma center
, cardiac care, womens services, pediatric care and NICU, cancer care, and more. ... Please click HERE to view full job description.