Do you have the PRN career opportunities as a(an) NICU Registered Nurse PRN you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join HCA Florida Mercy Hospital which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
HCA Florida Mercy Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) NICU Registered Nurse PRN where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The registered professional nurse is responsible for the admission and care of ill newborns into the Level III NICU through the process of assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation. In addition, the registered professional nurse prescribes, delegates, coordinates, supervises and evaluates patient teaching and the activities of the ancillary nursing personnel while maintaining the standards of professional nursing.
What qualifications you will need:
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the state of FloridaorRecognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provisions).
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and certification.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and certification.
- NRP certification.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Minimum one yearof level III NICU Nursingexperience required.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
HCA Florida Mercy Hospital is a 488-bed facility. We are accredited by the Joint Commission and offer a wide range of medical specialties. These specialties include emergency care, heart, and vascular care. We are designated by the Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center. Other specialties include maternity and neonatal care. We are a Level II NICU hospital. HCA Florida Mercy Hospital is CARF accredited for inpatient rehabilitation. Our facility offers a Comprehensive Community Cancer Program. This program is accredited by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer. We are affiliated with HCA Florida Healthcare Division. HCA Florida Mercy Hospital is sponsored by the Sisters of St. Joseph of St. Augustine, Florida. We serve as Miami-Dade Countys only Catholic hospital. We follow the Catholic tradition of caring for Gods people and providing spiritual support. We are dedicated to our mission of caring for the physical and spiritual needs of all the people we serve.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the Worlds Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our NICU Registered Nurse PRN opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status