Job DescriptionOloop Health is seeking L&D professionals for immediate needs in the Minneapolis and St. Paul, MN markets! Please apply by sending your current resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.orgShift
.9 - Night 7P-7A - Every 3rd weekendSpecialty Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Needed:
- Supports a focus on the patient in all interactions with patients, families, visitors, and volunteers.
- Ability to perform as a team member.
- Attend a minimum of any 2 PP/NBN/L&D in-services per year.
- Knowledge and ability to utilize L&D equipment
- Knowledge and ability to perform environmental support duties
- Knowledge of documentation requirements.
- Orients patient to room and initiates data collection
- Maternal and infant VS
- Documentation during delivery
- Postpartum checks
- Knowledge of basic nursing principles.
- Provides comfort care and labor support
- Supports initial breastfeeding efforts
- IV starts
- Foley catheter insertion.
- Teaching skills, able to follow teaching plan as delegated by the RN
- Knowledge of transfer process.
- Collaborates with L&D RN and PP RN to facilitate seamless transfer of care
- Unit Name: L&D
- Unit Description: L&D including antepartum and C-Sections
- Number of Beds/Size of the dept: 9 labor, 3 triage, 2 ORShifts (8, 10, 12): 8 and 12
- Shift Start Times: 0700-1500-1900-2300
- Charting method/Computer applications : EPIC Stork, GE fetal monitoring
- Nurse to Patient Ratio/Volume of Work: 1:1 active labor
- Typical Medications: Pitocin, Magnesium Gtt, epiduralMedication dispensing equipment: PYXIS
- Number of births p/ mo.: 120
- C-section volume p/ mo.: 36
- Scrub/circulate required: no
- Equipment Used: GE fetal monitor
- Floating policy/Travel requirements: float to mom/baby
- Provides nursing care to patients (infant, adolescent and adult).
- Provides care, assessment, and management of laboring patient and delivery of infant (vaginal and C/S-surgical patient)
- Performs triage- performs physical assessment of maternal patients- identifies maternal and fetal risk factors
- Provides fetal and uterine electronic monitoring- intervenes appropriately- utilizes IUPC, IFSE, fetal oxymetry, interventions
- Provides care to antepartum, intrapartum, and postpartum patients with complex medical conditions, including but not limited to:- PIH- Postpartum hemorrhage- Insulin dependent diabetes- Gestational diabetes
- Uses FCIS system and Pyxis
- Minimum 1 yr experience as RN in hospital setting.
- Minimum one year experience on an L&D or Postpartum/Newborn Nursery Preferred Circulator, operating room, and triage exp
- Current Minnesota RN License
9 - Night 7P-7A - Every 3rdRequired Skills:
EPIC,Hours Per Day:
12.00Hours Per Week:
ST JOHNS HOSPITAL-DELIVERY ROOMS-11920 : 11920-4400Job Category:
Clinical - Nursing - Travel