POSITION TYPE: Registered Nurse (RN) - Manager
SPECIALTY UNIT: Womens Services
LOCATION: Brooksville, FL
SHIFT: No Weekends
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Permanent
The Manager is responsible for the supervision, coordination and evaluation of nursing care provided on the assigned unit(s). The Manager also coordinates and supervises the activities for the unit, which supports the safe and efficient delivery of care. The Unit Manager assists the Department Director in the implementation of Performance Improvement activities, hospital policies/procedures and in the financial management of the Unit.
- Participates in hospital or departmental performance improvement activities.
- Interviewing and hiring nursing staff.
- Scheduling nursing staff.
- Clinical resource for the Nursing Unit.
- Serves as an advocate for nursing staff.
- Evaluating staff performance.
- Discipline, counseling and staff development.
- Participates in financial management of the assigned unit.
- Participates in financial planning/budgeting for the assigned unit.
- Plans and conducts staff meetings.
- Plans and coordinates unit related in-services.
- Competitive salary
- Direct Deposit
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Employee discount program
- Excellent room for growth and advancement
- Current RN license within the State of Florida.
- BLS issued by the American Heart Association required.
- ACLS issued by the American Heart Association - Within 6 Months of Hire.
- Advanced Nursing Certification - Within 6 months of hire.
- BSN from an accredited school required.
- 3-5 years experience as a Charge RN - Registered Nurse in Woman's Services.
- Documented clinical knowledge and skills related to the assigned clinical practice area.
- Previous Nurse management experience.
- Must have recent acute care experience within the last year.