Job DescriptionPost-Partum / Mother Baby Registered Nurse (RN)POSITION TYPE:
Registered Nurse (RN)SPECIALTY UNIT: Post-Partum / Mother - Baby LOCATION: Colorado Springs, CoSHIFT: NightsJOB TYPE:
Full-Time PermanentUp to $20K Sign On Bonus Relocation Bonus AvailableJob Description:
The RN Postpartum/Mother-Baby is responsible for newborns and moms who have just given birth. RN must be highly skilled and be able to handle emergencies that could arise for both patients. Nurses also teach new mothers how to properly care for both her newborn baby and herself.
Postpartum nurses perform a lot of assessments on new moms to make sure they are healing and recovering properly after giving birth. This may involve checking cesarean incisions or monitoring vital signs, remove catheters, which may have been placed during a C-section, or change dressings and give pain medication and antibiotics as needed.
In addition to caring for the mother, postpartum nurses also monitor babies to make sure they are healthy. Besides monitoring the recovery and health of mom and baby, postpartum nurses often provide education. Caring for a brand new little person can be a bit overwhelming, especially for new parents who do not have any experience with babies. Postpartum nurses may instruct new parents on all aspects of taking care of their babies. For example, nurses may teach new moms how to breastfeed, burp, or bathe their new baby.Responsibilities:
- Provides postpartum care for the newly delivered mother and her newborn infant.
- Manages complex medication and infusion therapies
- Performs advanced monitoring using current technology
- Care for patient undergoing diagnostic and therapeutic procedures/interventions on the unit.
- Demonstrates ability to safely and accurately operate unit equipment.
- Competitive salary
- Direct Deposit
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Employee discount program
- Excellent room for growth and advancement
- RN License required; Current state nursing licenses or RN license from a participating state in the National Licensure Compact,
- Colorado Only: RNs working in Colorado under a multi-state license must obtain their CO RN license within 30 days of establishing residency, i.e., drivers license, register to vote, etc. Compact to Compact.
- Nursing Diploma or Associates Degree in Nursing required; Bachelors Degree in Nursing preferred
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing required for new graduates, preferred for experienced RN's
- BLS from the American Heart Association required
- One year experience preferred
- Postpartum experience preferred
- Nursing skills and knowledge base specific to specialty
- NRP required within 6 months of hire