The Clinical Supervisor is responsible for assisting with planning, organizing, coordinating, implementing and evaluating the administrative operations and clinical practice activities on a twenty-four hour basis for the Maternal Child Health Department; provides patient care services that are coordinated to provide a seamless, integrated system of care that is high value, cost effective and customer focused.
• Assists department manager in operational activities of unit
• Responsible for ensuring the bedside nursing performance according to unit policy
• Recognizes changes in patient condition and responds appropriately.
• Re-prioritizes and delegates other responsibilities during emergency situations.
• Remains calm and objective during emergencies; functions calmly and efficiently in periods of high activity.
• Facilitates transfer of care to a higher level of care facility.
• Keeps family/significant others informed of patient’s status.