Description SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
RN - Cardiac Cath Lab - Full Time - Day FTE 1.0Palms West Hospital Loxahatchee, FL 33470 Facility Description:Since 1986, Palms West Hospital has celebrated excellence in healthcare. Our state-of-the-art 204-bed facility, centrally located in Palm Beach County, offers top-quality care in every category from preventative programs to elective, major, and emergency surgeries. We are an Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) Primary Stroke Center. Palms West Hospital has adult and pediatric emergency services, a dedicated New Life Center featuring Birthing Suites and a Level II NICU, as well as a full-service Childrens Hospital, providing pediatric healthcare services in one child-friendly location. Additional services include outpatient rehabilitation, an aquatics center, orthopedic spine center, robotics, and interventional radiology.
Palms West Hospital is located on a spacious 94-acre campus in Palm Beach County, just 12 miles from the Atlantic Ocean. The surrounding areas include Wellington, Royal Palm Beach and Loxahatchee. Wellington is known for its abundant parks and quality schools. Royal Palm Beach and Loxahatchee are known for their large acreage parcels, new homes, and equestrian community. We invite you to explore career opportunities with us at Palms West Hospital and The Childrens Hospital at Palms West. Join our team of top healthcare professionals while enjoying all Palm Beach County has to offer.
Benefits:We offer you an excellent totalcompensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit packageand growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to doexcellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flexspending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program,and employee stock purchase program.
Position Description: We are looking for a dedicated, passionate RN for our Cardiac Cath Lab Department. This position requires a Licensed Registered Professional Nurse, who provides patient care as part of a multi-disciplinary team based on national standards, and utilizing the nursing process. The RN is responsible and accountable for the delivery of specialized nursing care in all phases of the Cardiovascular Laboratory. The RN is expected to be competent in the following area of clinical practice: Performs Diagnostic and Interventional cardiac procedures, assists in the performance of Permanent Pacemaker Insertions and ICD Implantations, and may need to should be able to assist as a Scrub RN. Additional responsibilities include: assisting with TEE procedures, Cardioversion procedures, Cardiac Stress test and PICC line insertions. The registered nurse also is responsible for the direction and supervision of assigned personnel delivering said patient care. When taking call for the purpose of emergencies, he/she will respond for cases of both, Cardiac Cath patients as well as patients with urgent Vascular Access needs.Qualifications
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing preferred
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the state of Florida or Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provisions).
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and certification.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and certification.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Pediatric Life Support Course (PALS) and certification.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- One year of Acute Care Nursing experience preferred.
- Advanced certifications (i.e. CEN, TNCC, etc.) preferred
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years of nursing experience preferred,
- 2 yrs required 1 of which must be in an ICU, CCU, Cath Lab or ER.
- Strongly prefer a RN who can perform scrub duties in addition to the RN Cath Lab Duties; or the willingness to cross train in proper Cath Lab Scrub techniques
- Critical thinking...