Job Description**15,000 Retention Bonus**
Major Job Functions:
The following is a summary of the major essential functions of this job. The incumbent may perform other duties, both major and minor, that are not mentioned below, and specific functions may change from time to time.
1. Knows and follows aseptic technique when performing scrub duties and support duties for the department.
2. Performs scrub duties as assigned in service areas.
3. Assists in carrying out the patient's plan of care by performing assigned tasks within scope of practice of the surgical technologists and according to the unit guidelines of care, facility policies and procedures, nursing policies and procedures, and legal limitations.
4. Transports and escorts patients to various areas of the hospital and for discharge.
5. Assists with the maintenance, selection and preparation of instruments, equipment and supplies necessary to maintain a state of readiness for operative cases.
6. Fosters guest relations within the team and with patients and families.
7. Maintains confidentiality of all patient information.
8. Performs other task and duties as assigned to meet the patient care and/or unit goals.
9. Supports patients in the practice of their cultural and spiritual beliefs within limits of the plan of care.
10. Adjusts patient care based on the age-specific physiological and psychosocial needs of patients.
11. Assists with completing charges for patient services and participates in cost containment.
12. Participates in educational and performance improvement activities.
The following qualifications or equivalents are the minimum requirements necessary to perform the essential functions of the job.
Prefer one-year experience as a surgical technologist.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities required:
Works with complex monitoring and life- saving equipment. Performs in assigned areas. Reads, writes, and speaks English. Practices knowledge of Standard Precautions. Position involves skin, eye, mucous membrane, or parenteral contact with blood or other potentially infectious material. Demonstrates knowledge of age-specific physiological/psychosocial/ developmental/ spiritual needs of patients typically served. Demonstrates self-directed learning and achievement of assigned clinical area objectives.
Tolerates long hours and work variable shift. Requires extensive standing, walking, bending, lifting, transferring of anesthetized patients, and pushing heavy equipment and patients. Requires manual dexterity, good eye-hand coordination, and visual and auditory acuity.