RN Lactation Specialist PRN
Requisition #: 544155
Location: Howard County General Hospital, Columbia, MD 21044
Work Shift: Rotating Shift
Work Week: Casual (less than 20)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: June 20, 2022
Join an amazing global healthcare organization!
Excellent compensation package!
Awesome benefits, including dependent tuition reimbursement!
Requisition #: 544155
5755 Cedar Lane
Columbia, MD 21044
Casual (1 hour per week)
Evening Shift; 3:00pm - 11:30pm
Weekends Required: Yes
The Lactation Specialist is a clinically competent health care professional, delivers lactation assessment and instruction to obstetrical inpatients and outpatients. Effectively interacts with patients and other health team members, while maintaining standards of the International Board of Certified Lactation Consultants.
* Graduation of an approved RN program.
* BSN preferred. After July 1, 2016 all nurses hired who do not hold a BSN will be required to complete a BSN program within 4 years of their hire date; must apply to and be accepted into a BSN program within six months of hire, with course work to begin promptly after acceptance. Steady progress toward degree completion is defined as a minimum of 9 credits per calendar year from the time they begin course work. All current CN 1 and 2's would be grandfathered. An employee's transfer between the hospital and TCAS is not considered a break in employment; therefore, s/he will be grandfathered. Similarly, should a RN accept a position in a role other than nursing within the hospital then later returns to a nursing clinical position, s/he will also be grandfathered.
* Current licensure as a registered nurse by the State of Maryland.
* Current CPR certification.
* Certification by the International Board of Lactation Consultants.
* Continuing education in breastfeeding to obtain and maintain certification status.
Required Work Experience:
Prior experience in maternal child health care and practice as breastfeeding consultant required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate effectively and courteously with patients, visitors, and other members of the health care system.
JHM prioritizes the health and well-being of every employee. Come be healthy at Hopkins!
Diversity and Inclusion are Johns Hopkins Medicine Core Values. We are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment, where we embrace and celebrate our differences, where all employees feel valued, contribute to our mission of serving the community, and engage in equitable healthcare delivery and workforce practices
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.