Job DescriptionThis job provides direct care (including IV therapy) of assigned patients within the framework of the Licensed Practical Nurse Act under the direction of a Registered Nurse. Directs and assists ancillary nursing staff with assigned duties and interacts with the multidisciplinary team and other personnel. Demonstrates professional responsibilities and is responsible for own practice and assists other members of the healthcare team in providing the highest quality personalized patient care. Education
Required - High School diploma or equivalentWork Experience
Required - Experience working with and maintaining confidential information and working in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.Certifications
Required - Current State of Louisiana licensure from an accredited School of Practical Nursing. Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
Preferred - IV Therapy CredentialsKnowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good time management skills and self directed
- Demonstrates Good Judgement
- Good interpersonal skills
- Delegation skills
• Effectively uses the Nursing Process in the delivery of patient care through data gathering, planning and evaluation.
• Provides care based on physical, psycho/social, educational, safety and related criteria, appropriate to the ages of patients served.
• Communicates effectively and professionally with all patients, guests, family members and co-workers to ensure a quality patient experience.
• Adapts to rapid change in a positive manner throughout the day as needs of the unit / department change.
• Manages personal professional development and maintains required clinical knowledge, technical skills, training and credentials.
Other related duties as required. The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
Complies with the Ochsner Health System Compliance & Privacy Program and Standards of Conduct, including the immediate reporting of any known or suspected unethical or questionable behaviors or conduct; patient/employee safety, patient privacy, and/or other compliance-related concerns.
Ochsner is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.Physical and Environmental Demands
The physical essential functions of this job include (but are not limited to) the following: Frequently exerting 10 to 20 pounds of force to move objects; occasionally exerting up to 100 pounds of force. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for sedentary work. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties performed routinely require exposure to blood, body fluid and tissue.
The incumbent works in a patient care area; works in an area where patients enter; works directly with patients; and/or works with specimens that could contain communicable diseases. There may be an occupational risk for exposure to communicable diseases.
Because the incumbent works within a healthcare setting, there may be occupational risk for exposure to hazardous medications or hazardous waste within the environment through receipt, transport, storage, preparation, dispensing, administration, cleaning and/or disposal of contaminated waste. The risk level of exposure may increase depending on the essential job duties of the role.