At St. Tammany Health System, delivering world-class healthcare close to home is our goal. That means we are committed to attracting and retaining the very best professionals for every position in our health system.
We believe the pristine beauty of St. Tammany Parish adds to our attractive compensation package. The health system is nestled in the heart of Covington on the north shore of Lake Pontchartrain. It is a peaceful, scenic, community-oriented area with an abundance of amenities to suit every taste.JOB DESCRIPTION AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40WORK SHIFT:
(Mon- Thurs) 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, (Fri) 8:30 am to 3:00 pmJOB SUMMARY:
Provides care to patients with diseases of the breast and to patients that are, or might be, at high risk for a cancer diagnosis. Scope of responsibility includes expert practitioner, educator/teacher, care management, consultant, nurse leader and researcher. Focus on health promotion and disease prevention. May order and interpret diagnostic test such as lab work and x-rays and genetic tests. May prescribe medication except for schedule II drugs.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current Louisiana State APRN Licensure
- Current BLS certifications through any International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation (ILCOR) provided courses such as but not limited to: Ochsner Health System, American Heart Association, and American Red Cross. The ILCOR course must include a manikin check off.
- Strong computer skills, ability to multitask, excellent communication skills
- 3-5 years of experience in diseased of the breast (benign and malignant) preferred
- Experience and knowledge in the management of the physiologic and psychological effects of cancer diagnosis and subsequent treatment
- Specialized education in cancer genetics and hereditary cancer predisposition syndromes and certification as an Advanced Oncology Certified Nurse Practitioner (AOCNP) within 18 months
- Good organizational skills
- Experience with computer systems required, some web based and some Microsoft Office application
- Ability to be courteous and respectful when interacting with patients and family members
- Maintain confidentiality
- Maintain CME per licensure and clinic protocols
Must possess good physical health. Some requirements include but are not limited to standing, sitting or walking for long periods of time. Lifting at least 10 pounds is required. Must be able to work with a moderate level of noise.
Physical Effort required:
Constant (67%-100%) - handling/feeling, talking, hearing, seeing
Frequently (34%-66%) - NONE
Occasionally (1%-33%) - lifting, carrying, pushing/pulling, climbing (stairs, ladders, etc.), balancing, stooping, crouching, reachingEMPLOYMENT
Each St. Tammany Health System staff member is expected to conduct himself or herself according to our mission, vision and values. Please take time to review those expectations, which can be found by clicking here
, before applying for employment. If you feel you are unable to demonstrate those characteristics, we respectfully request that you do not proceed with the application process.EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
St. Tammany Health System is an Equal Opportunity Employer. St. Tammany Health System is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability status, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.