Location: CHA Cambridge Hospital
Work Days: 7p-7a, eo weekend and eo holiday
Category: Registered Nurse
Department: Labor and Delivery
Job Type: Full time
Work Shift: Night
Union Name: MNA Cambridge
The Maternity Suite at Cambridge Hospital is a beautiful unit with scenic views of downtown Boston and Harvard Square. It includes a Labor and Delivery (L&D) Unit, Post Partum Unit, and Continuing Care Nursery and helps more than 1,000 growing families every year. The 7 bed labor unit has 3 triage bays and 2 operating suites. We are proud of our multidisciplinary patient care, our culturally sensitive approach to labor and delivery, and some of the lowest C-section rates in Massachusetts. The Post Partum Unit consists of 14 private rooms with a level 1b Continuing Care nursery. This unit provides care for mothers and infants through the early stages of postpartum to discharge. We foster a culturally sensitive approach to couplet care and early family bonding.
Unit Specific Responsibilities in the areas of : McGovern Maternity Unit Registered Nurse Labor and Delivery
- Provides an ongoing assessment and care of the mother through the antenatal, intrapartum, and postpartum periods according to established guidelines.
- Provides ongoing assessment and care of the mother and newborn according to established guidelines.
- Provides education from antenatal to immediate postpartum period.
- Orchestrates and initiates discharge planning and follow up care for mother and newborn.
- Participates in ongoing labor and delivery unit based quality initiatives.
Evidence Based Practice
- Maintains clinical practice in accordance with AWHONN, ACOG, NRP, and AAP established guidelines.
- Successfully completes the labor and delivery unit based competency programs as required.
Current MA RN Licensure.
Graduation from an NLN accredited school of nursing.
BSN strongly preferred: BSN required within 1 year of date of hire for newly hired RNs.
Current Labor and Delivery experience strongly required.
American Heart Association BLS and ACLS Required
NRP Required by end of orientation; AWHONN Intermediate Fetal Monitoring - preferred
In keeping with federal, state and local laws, Cambridge Health Alliance (CHA) policy forbids employees and associates to discriminate against anyone based on race, religion, color, gender, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to establishing and maintaining a workplace free of discrimination. We are fully committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not tolerate unlawful discrimination in the recruitment, hiring, termination, promotion, salary treatment or any other condition of employment or career development. Furthermore, we will not tolerate the use of discriminatory slurs, or other remarks, jokes or conduct, that in the judgment of CHA, encourage or permit an offensive or hostile work environment.