Do you want to be appreciated daily? Our nurses are celebrated for being on the front line, empathetic for patients. At St. David's Medical Center our nurses set us apart from any other healthcare provider. We are seeking a(an) Newborn Nursery Registered Nurse to join our healthcare family.Benefits
St. David's Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
At St. David's Medical Center, our nurses play a vital part. We know that every nurse's path and purpose is unique. Do you want to create your own personal career path in nursing? HCA Healthcare is your career destination! Our scale makes it possible for nurses to create the career path that fits their life - for life - and empowers their passion for patient care. Apply today for our Newborn Nursery Registered Nurse opportunity.Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Registered Nurse (RN) in Newborn Nursery, you will be responsible for planning, implementing, and evaluating nursing care for assigned patients. You will work alongside Labor and Delivery nurses, Obstetricians, and Pediatric/Neonatology staff to develop an individualized patient care plan that follows hospital policies and procedures.
* You will complete an admission assessment, including discharge planning, that is accurately documented within 2 hours of patient admission
* You will initiate critical pathway during admission to plan nursing care, and will review and update pathway as evidenced by appropriate interventions and nursing care documentation
* You will identify changes in patient condition and report these changes to the appropriate unit personnel
* You will document resolutions of identified patient problems and communicate unresolved problems to appropriate unit personnel
* You will accurately administer and document medications
* You will evaluate the plan of care to determine need for modifications
* You will evaluate the effectiveness of patient teaching and revise the teach plan as neededWhat qualifications you will need:
* 1 year of clinical nursing experience as a Registered Nurse (RN)
* Experience as a staff nurse in an acute care setting - preferred
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Licenses and Certifications
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License, Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required per St. David's Healthcare policy
* Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification required per St. David's Healthcare policy St. David's Medical Center
is a full-service hospital located in central Austin, Texas. This 300+ bed facility
features a 24-hour emergency department, the region's largest Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
, and the internationally-renowned Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia Institute and St. David's Neuroscience & Spine Institute. The full scope of services provided at St. David's Medical Center includes cancer care, heart and vascular care, imaging services, joint replacement and orthopedics, women's services, complex surgical services, and a Bariatric Surgery Center. The facility is home to a 60+ bed rehabilitation hospital
providing both inpatient and outpatient comprehensive care.
St. David's Medical Center is part of St. David's HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David's HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits — St. David's Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our Newborn Nursery Registered Nurse opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.