Surgical Technologist - Labor & Delivery. Start Bonus up to $10,000!
Full time - Benefit eligible
Hours Each Week
Pioneering healthcare since 1896, Salem Health is a top workplace offering market-leading pay where you can make a difference in the lives of those in the community where you live. Through incorporation of Lean driven principles, staff are able effect change in the organization to solve problems, and drive continuous improvement.
As an employer of choice, we are devoted to assuring that we provide a safe, healthy, and patient-centric workplace, while keeping staff wellbeing and satisfaction top of mind.
We invite you to learn more about our wonderful community: There's something about Salem, Oregon!
Total Rewards Offerings:
Salem Health's comprehensive benefits package prioritizes your mental and physical health, financial stability, family obligations and professional growth.
Excellent hiring incentives (start bonus/relocation assistance) for qualified candidatesRespect for People: IDEAL (Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Learning) philosophyFull comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans; Basic and voluntary life insurance; Short and long-term disabilityLive Well Wellness ProgramEmployee Assistance Program (EAP) 401(K) retirement plan with employer contributionsGenerous paid time off (PTO) accrual and holiday pay Onsite fitness center with 24/7 accessEducation assistance programPublic service loan forgiveness (PSLF) eligible employer https://studentaid.gov/Free on campus parkingFood and drink discounts in the cafeteria and pharmacyImpressive discounts offered by Nike, Adidas, Carhartt and othersHiring Incentives for qualified candidates:
Up to $10,000
Relocation AssistancePosition Highlights:
As an integral part of the surgical team, you will ensure that the operating room environment is safe, equipment functions properly, and that the operative procedure is conducted under conditions that maximize patient safety. You will combine your passion of both patient care and a high-tech surgical environment in a way that can directly drive business results.Background/Expertise:
One of three paths required to be eligible: A & B
- Current BLS from the AHA required.
- Prior surgical tech experience in an acute care hospital setting preferred.
(A) Provides the health care facility with documentation showing that the person has completed an educational program for surgical technologists accredited by a national accreditation organization approved by the Oregon Health Authority by rule; and
(B) Holds and maintains a surgical technologist certification issued by a nationally accredited certifying organization for surgical technologists approved by the authority by rule; Completed US Military Surgical Technologist Training Program
- (A) Provides the health care facility with documentation showing that the person has completed a training program for surgical technologists in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps or Coast Guard of the United States or in the United States Public Health Service Commissioned Corps; and
- (B) Every two years completes 16 hours of continuing education approved by the authority; or
- (A) Provides the health care facility with documentation showing that the person practiced surgical technology during at least two of the three years immediately preceding January 1, 2017:
- (i) In a health care facility in Oregon or in another state; or
- (ii) As an employee of an agency or institution of the federal government; and
- (B) Every two years completes 16 hours of continuing education approved by the authority."
- Prior surgical tech experience in an acute care hospital setting preferred
We have many excellent opportunities available! To view all of our openings, please visit our career page at https://www.salemhealth.org/about/careers
Salem Health Hospitals and Clinics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or condition protected by law.
Salem Health Hospitals and Clinics is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org