Do you currently have an opportunity to make a real impact with your work? With over 2,000 sites of care and serving over 31.2 million patient interactions every year, nurses at St. David's North Austin Medical Center have the opportunity to make a real impact. As a(an) Transition Nursery Registered Nurse you can be a part of change.Benefits
We are committed to providing benefits that matter to nurses. At St. David's North Austin Medical Center, our benefits package offers eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
It is an exciting time to be a nurse at HCA Healthcare! Come unlock your career potential and see how rewarding it can be to reach your personal and professional goals. Help to advance the practice of nursing and improve positive outcomes for your patients as a (an) Transition Nursery Registered Nurse. We want your knowledge and expertise!Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Transition Registered Nurse (RN) in Newborn Nursery, you will coordinate and provide direct patient care. You will attend deliveries to advocate for the needs of newborns after delivery, assess and assist in safe extrauterine life adjustments of the newborn, monitor the stability of the newborn, and assess any anomalies or signs of distress. You will complete initial head-to-toe assessment, medication administration, and any ongoing assessments of the newborn and mother during the two-hour transition period.
* You will assign initial Apgars and facilitate skin-to-skin bonding for a minimum of 1 hour
* You will assist with breastfeeding or feeding choices during the first hour and beyond to prior to moving to Mother Baby.
* You will access and reassess the newborn(s) respiratory and airway support using neonatal resuscitation program guidelines, thermoregulation, and metabolic stability as appropriate.
* You will develop care plans that promote, facilitate, and maintain newborn wellness
* You will administer medications as needed, provide neonatal abstinence scoring and urine/meconium collection as needed, as well as, blood glucose and Sa02 monitoring, lab work.
* You will act as a mentor to Labor and Delivery and Mother Baby Nurses as the relief to transition care during busier times.What qualifications you will need:
* 1 year of clinical nursing experience as a Registered Nurse (RN)
* 1 year of experience in Newborn, Mother Baby, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, or Newborn Transition care setting
* Second skill-set can include Labor and Delivery, Mother Baby, and/or Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
* Graduation from a NLN accredited school of nursing as an RN
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) - preferred
Licenses and Certifications
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License, Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required per St. David's Healthcare policy
* Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification required per St. David's Healthcare policy
* Second skill set, can include L&D, M/B, and/or NICU - required
* Certification in area of specialty - preferred
* S.T.A.B.L.E. certification - preferredSt.David's North Austin Medical Center
is a multi-specialty hospital in Texas withmore than 360 beds
. The facility is home to St. David's Children's Hospital, St. David's Women'sCenter of Texas featuring a Level III NICU, a Kidney Transplant Center, and the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery
. Additional servicesoffered at this medical center include 24-hour emergency care, heart and vascular care, neurology andneurosurgery, rehabilitation services, and inpatient and outpatient surgery.
St. David's North Austin Medical Center is part of St. David's HealthCare, which is oneof the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St.David's HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and twolocal non-profits — St. David's Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for thedelivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that leverages our size to make a real impact in our industry! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Transition Nursery Registered Nurse opening. Submit your application today and help advance the practice of nursing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.