Inova Alexandria Hospital is a 318-bed community hospital that offers a full range of healthcare services and has received national recognition for healthcare excellence. From babies to seniors, Inova Alexandria Hospital Provides World-Class Medical Care. We are dedicated to continually expanding our programs and services to help ensure we meet the healthcare needs of the communities we serve today and in the future.
The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at Inova Alexandria Hospital is seeking a full-time, night shift Registered Nurse. This position is 3 x 12 hour shifts per week, 7:00pm to 7:00am. **Sign-on bonuses available from $15K-$20K for qualified RNs**
Inova Alexandria Hospital's NICU is a 16-bed, level 3 NICU, caring for infants from 22 weeks and 6 days gestation to full term infants. We care for all infants except those requiring surgery, which are stabilized and transferred as needed. Our care consists of High Frequency Jet Ventilators, conventional ventilators, SiPAP, CPAP, RAM cannula or HFNC. We have the latest technology mixed with tender touches from our team. We view our families as important team members providing care for their infant. We want and encourage their participation. We have a strong working relationship with our Antenatal Diagnostic Center and Labor and Delivery unit. Communication is strong among our team in order to provide excellent care and meet the needs of our patients and families. The pace of work can be busy to extremely busy, as newborns have a mind of their own and many times do not want to wait! We pull as a team together during those moments.
Watch this video to learn more about childbirth services at Inova Alexandria Hospital: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbgqvS-YU44
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Competitive paid time off (PTO) accruals that increases with tenure
• Seven annual holidays in addition to your PTO
• Competitive 401k match
• Educational assistance
• Relocation assistance available for qualified candidates
• Free parking for all Inova team members at all Inova locations The Inova Registered Nurse:
- Provides knowledgeable and caring clinical practice and care coordination through an understanding of patient, family, nurse, and healthcare delivery team. Consistently provides safe, therapeutic care in a holistic and systematic way. Incorporates differences into the provision of care. Conducts all patient care in a patient and family-centered manner. Integrates knowledge, skills, and experiences to meet the needs of patients and families throughout the continuum, to include patient and family education.
- Communicates effectively and works cooperatively with others. Has respect for and understanding of other clinical disciplines. Uses an integrated approach toward patient outcomes.
- Serves as an empowering body to influence patient empowerment, and successful outcomes of financial and clinical quality, through relationships and access-based knowledge. Utilizes standards, guidelines, and pathways for care delivery. Determines process for delivery of care from direct patient and family communication, technology, and other healthcare team member collaboration.
- Ensures improvements in practice settings by assuming responsibility for self-development in life-long learning. Provides direction and guidance to others regarding practice. Serves as a resource, preceptor, and mentor. Demonstrates leadership skills in decision making and problem solving.
- A minimum of 6 months of Registered Nurse clinical experience in the acute care setting.
- NICU experience preferred
- Education: BSN or MSN or
If Associates Degree RN-Within 6 months of start date, meet with nurse leader:
- Identify which Accredited School the employee plans to attend
- Submit a review of transcript from the school indicating the required pre-requisites and timeline for taking the courses
- Provide a written plan with anticipated BSN completion date.
Complete BSN within 24 months of start date
- BLS for Healthcare Provider Certification required
- RN licensed, or eligible to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia as a RN
- Proficient in English, strong verbal and written communication skills. Exceptional interpersonal skill and the ability to display a caring demeanor towards others. Proficient computer skills required.
For internal use: IND1 #LI-MR1About Us
Inova is Northern Virginia's leading nonprofit healthcare provider. Our mission is to provide world-class healthcare - every time, every touch - to each person in every community we have the privilege to serve. Inova's 18,000 team members serve more than 2 million individuals annually through an integrated network of hospitals, primary and specialty care practices, emergency and urgent care centers, outpatient services and destination institutes.
Safety Always: Learn how we keep our team members and patients Safe@Inova.