Manages common acute and chronic health care problems. Performs as an interdependent
member of the health care team through direct medical care, consultation, collaboration, coordination and referral.
Practices to his/her maximum potential in accordance with State and Federal laws. Functions primarily as a
clinician but also has consultative and educational responsibilities; works collaboratively with all care team
members supportive of the patient centered medical home model.
1. Provides clinical oversight and support as needed to nursing staff and medical assistants in
collaboration with the OB-GYN providers and Center Managers.
2. Engage with community partners.
3. Collaborates with leadership in setting quality standards for nursing care,
and in the development of relevant policies and procedures for Women's Health.
4. Maintain proper tracking and reporting of OB patients in the electronic medical health record
5. Provide prenatal care, postnatal care, and women's health screenings.
6. Provide family planning services
7. Performing gynecological examinations, including PAP smears, ordering mammograms, and performing
sexual health screenings.
8. Promoting overall health in women, for patients and in the community
9. Timely closing of all patient encounters, including meeting documentation standards as set forth by TFHC
10. Maintain clinical quality standards of care in Women's Health including productivity standards set for by
1. Coordinates and expedites clinical operations within the OB department.
2. Works closely with OB providers and support staff.
3. Utilizes a critical thinking approach to problem solve and make decisions.
4. Identifies and evaluates operational clinical needs and resolves concerns
5. Ensures availability of supplies and educational materials
6. Responsible for ensuring that all clinical protocols are followed.
7. Communicate with patients and staff in a pleasant and courteous manner.
8. Possess interpersonal skills to interact effectively across roles, teams and departments.
9. Must exercise a high degree of professional judgment within the scope of licensure.
10. Other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Experience:
Current APRN State of Florida license
Minimum 2-3 years of relevant clinical experience in Women's reproductive health and childbirth as a clinical
nurse or nurse leader required.
Bilingual preferred, but not required