The Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation (YKHC) is located in the Southwestern Alaska town of Bethel, with a total of approximately 6,000 people. YKHC supports 1500 employees, providing the health services to a primarily Yup'ik Eskimo Native population for an area the size of Oregon. Services are provided through a Bethel located hospital and 50 clinics throughout the YK Delta.Position Summary:
Provides professional care for patients with obstetric and gynecologic needs. Assists patients in labor and delivery, as well as postpartum care. Ensures safety and health of mother and child and identifies need for additional care. The Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM) shall be committed to contributing to the mission of the Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation (YKHC), Working Together to Achieve Excellent Health. The CNM is an employee working under the supervision of the Medical Director who is in turn supervised by the Clinical Services Administrator.Position Qualifications:
- Minimum Education: Successful completion of an accredited program in nurse-midwifery. Must be certified by the American College of Nurse-Midwives Certification Counsel
- Minimum Experience: Two years minimum suggested experience level. Should have experience with reading radiographs and dispensing medication.
- License, Certifications, Registration: Must have Alaska License as a CNM/Nurse Practitioner and DEA license.
- Equipment/Tools: Must have the computer skills needed to access computerized medical records.
- Specialized Knowledge and Skills: Needs the skills and knowledge to practice medicine in the area of their specialty.
- Generous PTO - beginning at 4.5 weeks
- Ten paid holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement plans
- Employee Wellness Center