Department Description The department is made up of the University Birthing Suites and Women's Pavilion. The Women's Pavilion cares for a wide variety of female medical surgical patients (i.e., trauma, surgical oncology, urology, gynecology), as well as postpartum, antepartum, and newborns. The University Birthing Suites is a comprehensive labor and delivery unit with the ability to care for high-risk women throughout the pregnancy and postpartum period. Candidates for this position will be trained to care for women in all areas of the University Birthing Suites and Women's Pavilion.Job Summary
Final Filing Date
Number of Positions
Percentage of Time
7pm - 7am or 7am - 7pm
THIS IS NOT AN H1- B OPPORTUNITYResponsibilities
Provides individual patient consultations related to breastfeeding to post-partum mothers in the inpatient setting; provides and updates patient education materials, policies and procedures related to breastfeeding; provides staff education services, disseminates research / clinical findings to professional staff; collaborates with outpatient lactation support services and outpatient clinics; supports employee and community lactation services.Required Qualifications
- Minimum one year paid experience as a lactation consultant.
- International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) or obtain within 6 months of hire.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
- Possession of a current California RN license.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Knowledge of current trends in nursing.
- Commitment to excellence in patient care.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates accountability and professionalism.
- Adapts to change in a positive, professional and productive manner.
- Knowledge of legal implications in clinical practice and documentation.
- Knowledge of performance improvement and evidence-based practice.
- Basic computer skills.
- CPR Certification.
- NRP Certification.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
- References reflect an overall meets or exceeds.
- Ability to work overtime, float to other areas and work weekends and holidays.
- Ability to safely lift 25 lbs. and assist in moving patients, and stand on feet over extended periods.
- This position may be subject to a criminal background investigation, drug screen, Live Scan fingerprinting, medical evaluation clearance, and functional capacity assessment.
- The University of California has implemented a SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program covering all employees. To be compliant with the policy, employees must submit proof of vaccination or a University-approved exception or deferral.
At UC Davis, we're solving life's most urgent challenges to bring a fuller, healthier, and more resilient world within reach. We grow from every challenge we take on and we don't just maintain - we improve.
We recognize that creating an inclusive and intellectually vibrant organization means understanding and valuing both our individual differences and our common ground. The most comprehensive solutions come from the most diverse minds and you belong here.
As you consider joining UC Davis, please explore our , our and for research and education, and our latest efforts to .
The advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.