Do you have the career opportunities you want as a Registered Nurse in your current role? We invest in what matters most to nurses like you - at home, at work, and at every stage in your career. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Mission Health, which is a part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
This is a full-time, night shift position in Labor & Delivery.
Currently, this position is eligible for $10,000 sign-on bonus . Payout is in the first paycheck with a 2-year commitment to Mission Health
Note: Only new hires eligible for sign-on bonus; prior employees have to be separated from Mission for at least 1 year to be re-eligible for sign-on. Current HCA employees and those employed by HCA anytime in the last 1 year are not eligible to receive the sign on bonus
Labor and Delivery at HCA Mission Hospital is a fast-paced, high-volume nursing unit that is the only high-risk referral center for 18 counties in Western North Carolina and delivers over 4000 babies per year. The L&D unit is comprised of antepartum, intrapartum, OB Emergency Department, Women's Operating Room and Women's PACU. Nurses working on this team will be trained in all areas of Labor & Delivery and will spend time working in each aspect of the unit.
We are committed to providing benefits that matter to nurses. At Mission Health, our benefits package offers eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
· Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
· Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
· 401k retirement plan
· Identify Theft Protection
· Pet Insurance
· Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
· Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
· Tuition reimbursement
· Student loan assistance program
· Employee discount program and lots more!
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils, vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at Mission Health!
Job Summary and Qualifications:
Provides leadership which facilitates the delivery of professional nursing care for the comfort and well-being of patients. Utilizes the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation, to provide, delegate, supervise and document care and teaching of patients and family. Implements medically prescribed interventions.
What qualifications you will need:
- Required Education: Bachelor of Science in Nursing or enroll in a BSN or advanced degree program and obtain a BSN within 5 years of hire date into RN position. Grandfathering will be accepted between departments and Mission Health entities. Exemptions, or extensions, may be approved by the facility CNO and reported out to the CNO Council members. Each facility will ensure tracking of exemptions should this information be needed. RNs with 10 years or more of experience are exempt.
- Required License/Certifications: Must have and maintain current licensure as registered nurse with the North Carolina Board of Nursing. eNLC (Enhanced Nurse License Compact) license may apply, licensee should confirm with NCBONCertificate: BLS Healthcare Provider.
- Labor & Delivery also requires: ACLS, NRP, AWHONN Fetal Monitoring
- Experience: One year hospital nursing experience. Prior experience working in Labor & Delivery is highly preferred.
Mission Health, an operating division of HCA Healthcare, is based in Asheville, North Carolina, and is the state's sixth largest health system. Mission Health is consistently named one of the nation's Top 15 Health Systems by IBM Watson Health and is the only health system in North Carolina to achieve this recognition. Mission Health operates six hospitals, numerous outpatient and surgery centers, post-acute care provider CarePartners, long-term acute care provider Asheville Specialty Hospital and the region's only dedicated Level II trauma center. With approximately 12,000 colleagues and 2,000 volunteers, Mission Health is dedicated to improving the health and wellness of the people of western North Carolina.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
""Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do.""
- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr. HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If this opportunity is your next step in your career path, we encourage you to apply for our
Registered Nurse Labor & Delivery opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.