Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether your abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other areas of healthcare administration and support, everyone at Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the health and well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy that's served our community for more than 125 years. Put your skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a talented team where patient care is more than a job. It's our passion. Primary Purpose
Provides care to assigned patient population in accordance with established protocols and multidisciplinary plan of care utilizing independent, dependent, and interdependent interventions to restore stability, prevent complications, and achieve and maintain optimal patient responses for all patients through patient centered/patient valued care. SCHEDULE
: Night shift 7p - 7A Minimum Specifications Education:
- Must be a graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
- Must have two years of Labor & Delivery experience; or,
- Must have successfully completed Parkland's Labor & Delivery Registered Nurse Residency Program or Parkland Labor & Delivery Registered Nurse Fellowship Program. Equivalent
Skills or Special Abilities
- Must have current, valid RN license or temporary RN license from the Texas Board of Nursing; or, valid Compact RN license.
- Must have current healthcare provider CPR course completion card from one of the following:
- American Heart Association - American Red Cross - Military Training Network.
- May be required to have additional specialty certifications.
- Must have Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification upon hire or obtain within 90 days of placement in role.
- Current employees must obtain certification by March 20, 2018 (six months from revision date of September 27, 2017).
- Must have current American Heart Association ACLS course completion card upon hire or obtain within 90 days of placement in role. Current employees must obtain ACLS course completion card by February 15, 2020 (six months from revision date of August 14, 2019).
- Must have current RNC-OB Certification (or pass challenge exam)
- Must have current CERM Certification (or pass challenge exam)
- Experienced RNs must pass (80% or above) Clinical Education's assigned challenge exam(s) or have current RNC-OB Certification
- Experienced RNs changing specialties must pass (80% or above) Clinical Education's assigned Fetal Monitoring exam(s) or have current CEFM Certification.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status. Nearest Major Market:
- Provides care for assigned patient population in accordance with the current State of Texas Nursing Practice Act, established protocols, multidisciplinary plan of care, and clinical area specific standards.
- Provides continuous assessment, consults with other team members as required and provides nursing care which demonstrates patient centered/patient valued care.
- Exercises independent judgment in providing nursing care.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective interpersonal skills and possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with patients, families, and hospital staff in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- May be required to communicate effectively, via the overhead paging system.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to provide direction to non-nursing staff, serve as a preceptor, and serve on rotation as a Charge Nurse.
- Must be able to prepare and conduct in-service educational programs.
- Must be able to demonstrate patient centered/patient valued behaviors. As applicable, will be required to demonstrate acceptable knowledge of nursing standards of care for specialty care area.
Dallas Nearest Secondary Market:
Fort Worth Job Segment:
Labor and Delivery, OB/GYN, Obstetrics, Registered Nurse, Healthcare Administration, Healthcare