Job Description Registered Nurse (RN) NICU McKinney, TXSHIFT
: Full time Nights (rotating weekends) 7P-7A
This facility is a growing 260-bed hospital that is proud of our history of serving the health care needs of the residents of McKinney and our surrounding communities for more than 90 years. Change and innovation have marked our commitment to our growing community's needs. Job Responsibilities
RN performs intensive care on infants within the scope of the Registered Nurse Practice Act:
- To provide age appropriate, cluster care to premature infants through 2 years of age, in a minimal stimulation environment.
- To prioritize the infants clinical and emotional needs utilizing the nursing process.
- To always intervene on the infants behalf within the scope of the Nursing Practice Act.
- To be a productive member of the multidisciplinary team in helping set and reach patient care goals.
- Texas State RN license or compact license accepted
- Level III Neonatal Intensive Care experience within the last two years preferred.
- NRP, BLS, and STABLE required
- ADN Excepeted BSN is preferred
Must have 2-3 yrs in an acute care settingAdditional Information
- # Beds per Unit- 7 but expanding to 16 beds
- 180 Deliveries monthly, 35 babies a mth in the NICU and 5-7 babies daily
- Nurse Patient Ratio: 1:2 or 1:3
- Level 2 but expanding to Level 3
- FTE's #5
- Must have at 2-3 years in a Level # acute care facility
- Reports to Manager and Clinical Supervisors
- Top 3 Objectives- Want to grow and become Level 3 NICU, Making sure they are continuing to stay up to date on
- quality care and providing exceptional patient experience for families
- Must have a passion for NICU, team oriented.
- Self- scheduling 4 weekends shifts a month