Located in Texas Hill Country is award-winning non-profit health care organization Hill Country Memorial (HCM). HCM serves residents across eight counties and upholds a commitment to ensure access to remarkable care for individuals and families alike. Offering a complete health care solution, HCM delivers wellness care and emergency care; post-acute care including hospice, home care, and therapy; and more than 30 specialties including a newly renovated state-of-the art Birthing Center.
Hill Country Memorial (HCM) is looking to add a Perinatal/Labor & Delivery RN
to our team! This is a PRN Night Shift 7p - 7a position.
As a core member of the perinatal team , the labor and delivery/postpartum/nursery RN practices as the patient's nurse and collaborates with the team to facilitate the coordination of safe, efficient patient care during the birth experience.Responsibilities:
- Working as a team with multi-skilled patient care providers in the delivery of preferred outcome oriented, safe, therapeutic and cost effective care.
- Identifies patient needs based on professional knowledge and medical plan of care. Establishes individualized outcome measures for each patient's care.
- Delegates interventions based on critical thinking skills and a knowledge of the competencies of each team member.
- Coordinates care to maximize desirable outcomes, patient satisfaction, and cost effective utilization of available personnel and resources.
- Through utilization of the nursing process, the clinical nurse diagnoses and treats patient and family responses to actual or potential health problems. The Perinatal nurse is accountable to the patient, family, peers, and leadership team.
- Ensures and manages that appropriate nursing care is delivered by utilizing the nursing process and according to AWHONN standards.
- Addresses the psychosocial, physical and general aspects of care related to the hospital environment.
- Communicates with MD/surgeon and anesthesiologist continuously and as needed about patient condition.
- Participates in performance improvement activities.
- Active RN license in the State of Texas.
- Labor and Delivery experience preferred; will consider training the right candidate with Mother/Baby couplet care experience.
- BLS, ACLS, NRP certification with the American Heart Association.
Signing Bonus available.
Company DescriptionWe are: Innovators, dreamers, believers, experts, caretakers, life-givers. We are a lot of things, but above all, we are Hill Country Memorial.
Our mission, vision and values define our aspiration and the organization we strive to be. HCM is a health care organization for the community, built to serve the community with a focus on delivering remarkable care.