Job DescriptionJob Overview:
The Manager is responsible for the supervision, coordination, and evaluation of nursing care provided in the assigned unit(s). The Manager also coordinates and supervises the activities for the unit, which supports the safe and efficient delivery of care. The Unit Manager assists the Department Director in the implementation of Performance Improvement activities, hospital policies/procedures, and in the financial management of the Unit.Job Duties:
- Participates in a hospital or departmental performance improvement activities.
- Interviewing and hiring nursing staff.
- Scheduling nursing staff.
- Clinical resource for the Nursing Unit.
- Serves as an advocate for nursing staff.
- Evaluating staff performance.
- Discipline, counseling, and staff development.
- Participates in the financial management of the assigned unit.
- Participates in financial planning/budgeting for the assigned unit.
- Plans and conducts staff meetings.
- Plans and coordinates unit-related in-services.
- Current TX RN license or RN Compact State License
- BLS (AHA) certification
- ACLS (AHA) certification within 6 months of hire.
- Advanced Nursing Certification within 6 months of hire in position.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing or related field required from an accredited school.
Shifts: Nights- Rotating WeekendsBenefits Include:
- Minimum of 4-5 years of recent acute care leadership experience in the L&D
- Documented clinical knowledge and skills related to the assigned clinical practice area.
- Previous management experience or demonstrated ability to serve in a leadership position.
Salary: $76,800 - $115,200/YR - BOE
- Sign-On Bonuses, Relocation Assistance, Full Health-Care Benefits, Student Loan Reimbursement, and others.
Powered by JazzHR