Labor & Delivery RN - Dallas, TXSHIFT
: Full Time Nights (rotating weekends) 7:00PM - 7:00AMJob SummaryThe Labor & Delivery Registered Nurse is responsible for planning and providing individual goal directed nursing care that promotes, advocates for, and strives to protect the health, safety and rights of the individual, family and community. The Labor and Delivery RN possesses knowledge of the principles of growth and development and the particular skills necessary to provide optimum patient care to the population for which he or she is employed. The Labor & Delivery RN is accountable for their practice and care coordination. The RN is expected to practice autonomously utilizing evidence based practices. The practice of the Registered Nurse will support the mission, vision and values of Medical City Dallas and the philosophy of the Department of Nursing.Education:
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing - REQUIRED MAGNET FACILITY
- MUST have 1yrs of Labor and Delivery experience required in an acute care facility - Just updated as previously they only wanted 2 years experience
- Willing to speak with candidates that don't have recent acute care experience. However, as long as it is not like more than 5 years that they have not been in acute care. In addition, it also depends on how many years the candidate has.
- Texas RN licensure or compact license
- Current certification as a BLS healthcare upon hire by American Heart
- AWHONN Intermediate Fetal Monitoring required
- Current NRP certification or within 3 months of hire
- Current ACLS or within 3 months of hire issued by American Heart
- 24 modern labor and delivery rooms
- 4 new C-section operating rooms
- 84 Level IV (highest level) NICU rooms, all private
- 12 spacious women's VIP suites
- 16 women's medical/surgical rooms
- A Level IV Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- A Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU)
- High-risk maternity care at the Maternal Fetal Institute
- Extensive childbirth preparation courses and prenatal support
- Breastfeeding support with the Texas Ten Step Program
- The only facility in the area with neonatologists and pediatric anesthesiologists on-site 24/7
This is a great resource that speaks about how wonderful the Women's Hospital is at Medical City - Dallas - https://medicalcityhealthcare.com/campaigns/womens-hospital-dallas
At Medical City Women's Hospital, you'll find luxurious amenities to help design a childbirth experience that is truly your own, including:
• Modern labor and delivery rooms and VIP suites (Signature, Premier and Luxe)*
• A gourmet celebratory meal
• Personalized music
The upgraded VIP suites feature a larger bedroom for mothers, a room for families and a spa-like bathroom. The suites accommodate family for overnight stays, allow easy access to a nursery on the same floor and also include concierge amenities such as upgraded linens, a gourmet chef-prepared celebratory meal, family meal options and spectacular views of the city.
Medical City Dallas Women's Hospital provides options for natural childbirth, including:
• Natural and alternative pain relief options, including aromatherapy, hydrotherapy and access to nitrous oxide
• Doula-friendly environment
• Peanut balls for labor available in rooms
• Wireless fetal monitoring, when requestedNights Shift Differentials
: $8.00Weekend Shift diff:
$4.30Sign on Bonus: Up to $10,000 ( with 2 year commitment) Relocation: $3,000 ( If more then 150 miles from facility with 2 year commitment)
Available shifts and compensation: We have available shifts all days of the week. Compensation is $27.75 - $70.00/hour.
About Texas Nursing Services: Who We Are It is crucial to know that you have a dependable and skilled healthcare staff in your facility. Hence, as a nurse staffing agency in Texas, Texas Nursing Services commits to the satisfaction of our clients by helping them make the perfect hire. We have professional nurses and other healthcare personnel who are capable of rendering unparalleled care and medical services to your clients or patients. Texas Nursing Services provides Per-Diem, contract, and permanent placement of nurses. Enlist our help and talk to our staff now so you can get started! What We Do Texas Nursing Services works with various healthcare facilities in Texas by helping them find nurses and healthcare staff who will best match the qualities they are looking for. Whether you are an Assisted Living Facility, Hospital, Nursing Home, Urgent Care Facility, Dialysis Center, or Rehabilitation Center, we got you covered when it comes to stringent staffing solutions. Why Choose Us? Enlisting our help means hiring nurses and healthcare staff who have already undergone: Criminal Background Checks Health Screening License Verification Specialty Credentialing Our nurses and staff are all set to work on day one of hiring. Whether it's because of staff burn out, sick staff, or emergency staffing, we are here to lend you a hand. Our nursing agency has the largest database of the pre-screened workforce in the State Of Texas. We carry our own insurance, so you don't have to use yours. Contact us now so we can better help you. MISSION To bring forward reliable staffing solutions from our pool of highly efficient nurses and healthcare staff. VISION To be the primary resource of professional nurses and dependable healthcare staff to the communities and facilities we serve. Get in Touch Do you have inquiries or concerns? Don't hesitate to message us through our contact form. Our staff will get in touch with you as soon as possible.
By applying to this job, you agree to receive periodic text messages from this employer and Homebase about your pending job application. Opt out anytime. Msg & data rates may apply.
Powered by Homebase. Free employee scheduling, time clock and hiring tools.