How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.Responsibilities
The Registered Nurse (RN) in NICU
is a proactive member of an interdisciplinary team of licensed and unlicensed care givers who ensure that patients, families and significant others receive individualized high quality, safe patient care. They practice in a clinical environment that is administered by Nurse Managers and other leaders and is supported through the WellStar Shared Governance Model. The framework for practice is steered by the WellStar Professional Practice Model, 5-Star Nursing and evidence based practice and research. RN competencies are derived from these models and supported by the WellStar Core Competencies.
It is expected that all RN Clinical Nurses are licensed, knowledgeable and uphold the practice of nursing as outlined by the Georgia Professional Nurse Practice Act and implements the Scope of Practice and Code of Ethics Standards put forth by the American Nurses Association. As a member of the patient services team, it is expected that the individual upholds the voice of the patient, system policies and procedures while supporting service excellence goals.QualificationsRequired Minimum Education:
Required Minimum Licensure/Certification
- Graduate of an accredited/approved school of nursing: Baccalaureate degree in nursing (BSN) from an accredited school of nursing preferred;
- National certification in area of specialty preferred
Required Minimum Experience:
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Georgia or hold a privilege to practice in the State of Georgia under the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC);
- Must have a current BLS card from the American Heart Association on the first day of employment in position.
- NRP also required.
Required Minimum Skills
- Experience with direct patient care preferred.
- Ability to read, write and speak English language, optimize the use of technology to support clinical care and holds basic computer skills;
- Strong interpersonal, collaborative skills along with customer service skills required;
- Ability to function in a fast paced environment and respond to emergencies in using a decisive, composed and respectful manner;
- Possess excellent time management skills; practices nursing using evidence and analytical skills along with possessing strong critical thinking skills.
We'd like to invite you on a career journey like no other! In return for your contributions, we'll help you make the most of all life's moments - on and off the job. Wellstar Total Rewards is designed to provide for your total well-being, including: Your Wellness, Your Pay, Your Future, Your Joy. We think it's pretty simple - we care for our team members and our team members care for the community.
Make a difference in patients' lives… and your own! Here, it's more than healthcare - it's CareerCare!