Senior Nurse Manager Labor and Delivery
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- $10,000 Sign-on Bonus and $3,000 Relocation available for eligible candidates (see terms below)*
- Benefits from Day One
- Paid Days Off from Day One
Our promise to you: Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind, and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Location Address: AdventHealth Celebration - 400 Celebration Pl, Kissimmee, FL 34747
Work Hours/Shift: Full Time, Days, M-F, 8am-5pm
Unit Information: Ready to join our OB family? AdventHealth Celebration Labor and Delivery Unit is a premier destination for obstetrical care. AH Celebration is a Magnet Recognized campus for nursing excellence. Just 28 miles south of Orlando, Celebration was designed as a Mediterranean resort-style facility to serve as a cornerstone of health in Disney’s planned community of Celebration, Florida.
- The Labor and Delivery Unit provides Level II Maternity Care for approximately 3,375+ births per year (281+ babies per month). The unit consists of 6 OB Triage rooms, 10 labor rooms, 2 OB ORs and 2 PACU beds. The adjacent units are a 10 bed Level II NICU, a 24 bed Mother Baby Unit and a 13-bed overflow MIU/GYN unit.
- The multidisciplinary OB team is supported 24/7 by on unit OB Hospitalists, Neonatologists/Pediatric Hospitalists and Anesthesiology.
- The OB team has received the AACN BEACON Award for Excellence recognizing top achievement in quality outcomes, patient experience and team engagement.
- AH Celebration is a Baby Friendly designated campus.
- Advent Health for Women is a key part of the Florida Perinatal Quality Collaborative’s PROVIDE initiative (reducing primary c-sections) and MORE (reducing maternal opioids). Our team is able to provide virtual classes and tours with our patients and individualized care with our Birth Experience team.
- Other highlights include the Professional Excellence Program, Perinatal Nurse Internship Program, active Unit Practice Council, and our Multidisciplinary Obstetrical Simulation Training.
- By joining this team, you can expect that you will be supported in your role, have opportunities to grow in your profession and have leaders that are invested in your well being.
The role you’ll contribute: The Nurse Manager (NM) is a registered professional nurse who has the most direct impact on the care and services that patients and families require throughout their hospital experience. The NM is directly responsible to the Director of Nursing (DON) or Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) and is responsible for the continual operation of a specified nursing unit. The NM is able to demonstrate critical thinking skills, creativity, and has the knowledge to manage resources to achieve quality performance, positive employee relations, and compliance with hospital guidelines. The NM is skilled in coaching, motivating, mentoring, and leading a professional and technical team in the delivery of services for our patient population. The NM assures quality of care is delivered for our patients and demonstrates effective stewardship of scarce resources. The NM is the change agent for the assigned areas of responsibility and is responsible for implementing any changes that the unit is required to undergo. The NM actively participates in outstanding customer service, including service to patients, families, physicians, and other contacts, and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
- Human Resource Management – Monitors performance of the staff and takes corrective action for improvement as appropriate.
- Financial Management – Understands health care economics, public policy, and finance as it pertains to the delivery of patient care.
- Performance Improvement – Demonstrates familiarity with the performance improvement model of the organization.
- Critical Thinking/Technology – Utilizes critical thinking skills in the performance of their duties. Demonstrates and understanding of technology utilized in the organization.
- Leadership and Clinical Practice Knowledge – Provides leadership for the effective and efficient operation of assigned unit. Assures clinical practice is of the highest quality.
- Communication and Relationship Building – Utilizes relationship in influencing behaviors on the unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing (BSN) or Master of Science degree in Nursing (MSN) either upon hire/promotion or within 36 months of hire/promotion
- Minimum two years acute care nursing practice experience
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing (BSN) or Master of Science degree in Nursing (MSN) at time of hire/promotion highly preferred
- Prior management experience
- Specific education and experience as delineated by the unit of employment (see competencies)
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Current valid State of Florida or multi state license as a Registered Nurse
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
Professional certification from a national organization
*Terms: 24 month Employment Contract Required for Sign-On and Relocation
- Applicable experience required
- Internal Candidates and Rehires within 12 months are not eligible
- Must live 50 miles outside of campus address
Interested candidates apply online at:
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.