Dartmouth Health is seeking a Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM) to join our OB/GYN team in Keene, New Hampshire.
In this role, you will provide midwifery care and treatment to obstetrical patients as a member of a collaborative care team inclusive of OB/GYN physicians, certified nurse-midwives, registered nurses, and women’s health nurse practitioners. You will deliver babies, educate patients in prenatal and postnatal health practices, and advocate for the midwifery model of care.
- Full scope practice including prenatal and postpartum care, GYN/Well Woman visits and family planning.
- Participates in initial examination of obstetrical patient, and assumes responsibility for care, treatment, and delivery of patient.
- Participates in antenatal evaluation and treatment of the obstetrical patient.
- Examines patient during pregnancy, utilizing physical findings, laboratory test results, and patient's statements to provide individualized, evidence-based care within midwifery and Dartmouth Hitchcock Health practice standards.
- Discusses case with Obstetrician and staff to assure observation of specified practices.
- Stays with patient during labor for support and care management.
- Delivers infant and performs postpartum examinations and treatments.
- Consults and collaborates with OBGYN physicians when necessary. Manages obstetrical emergencies as they arise.
- Cares for patients during postpartum period in the hospital and educates patient in care of self and infant. Participates in discharge care including discharge orders.
- Assists Obstetrician as First Assist for C-sections
- Maintains timely and complete documentation of all care provided to patients.
- Responds to work-related electronic communication (EHR InBasket and email) within 3 business days, and maintains a collegial and professional tone in all written communication.
- May direct activities of other workers.
- May supervise and teach CNM, NP, and medical students.
- Participates in the performance improvement activities of the department.
- Consistently provides service excellence to all patients, family members, visitors, volunteers and co-workers in a manner that reflects Dartmouth Hitchcock Health’s Standards of Performance and Just Culture Principles.
Dartmouth Health Keene (DH Keene) is a 150 physician and associate provider, multi-specialty community practice and a division of the Dartmouth Health system based in Lebanon, New Hampshire. This diverse group of professionals is committed to quality and patient safety, continuous process improvement and clinical measurement. DH Keene is a nationally recognized leader in population health and patient-centered medical home. It is innovative and collaborative in its use of integrative medicine, value-based care, accountable-care models and electronic medical records. It is the largest community practice in the 650+ physician Dartmouth Health system which boasts a leading medical center and medical school.
The jointly-affiliated hospital, Cheshire Medical Center, is a 169 bed, Level III community hospital. It is only the 14th hospital ever to be named an American Hospital Association “Living the Vision” awardee (2013) and is both the 2010 New Hampshire Healthcare Business of the Decade and 2014 New Hampshire Healthcare Business of the Year.
The community of Keene is a picturesque, college-town in the Monadnock Region of Southwestern New Hampshire. New Hampshire boasts no income tax or sales tax. The cost of living, stable real estate market and excellent schools and neighborhoods makes Keene an ideal place to call home. Keene boasts many activities for the outdoor enthusiast as well as cultural events. Boston, Hartford, Montreal and New York City are easily accessible by car.
- Masters Degree in Nursing and current RN licensure in the state of NH
- Minimum two years experience as a certified nurse midwife
- Knowledge of professional nursing theory, clinical practice standards, normal maternal / fetal growth and development, and requirements of nurse midwifery practice. Able to independently seek out resources and solve complex problems.
- Certified Nurse Midwife, currently licensed in the state of NH or eligible for such licensure
- Certification by the American Midwifery Certification Board
- US Department of Justice and NH’ Controlled Substance DEA Registrations are required for prescribing practitioners
- Documented proof of attendance at Fetal Monitor Course every 2 years
- Current certification in American Academy of Pediatric Neonatal Resuscitation within 6 months of position and must maintain certification
Dartmouth Health is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.