Quick Submit Time Type:Hours per Pay Period:
As AssignedAverage rate:
(This represents the rate for an individual with significant experience in this job) Department:
Family Birth CenterCurrent Bay Area Hospital Employee:
If you are a current Bay Area Hospital employee, please apply through the Workday internal career site.
The future looks bright at Bay Area Hospital, and we are always searching for quality people to join our team. We offer a great atmosphere, competitive pay, a wide array of benefits, and many growth opportunities for our employees. Job Description:
Within the RN scope of practice as defined by the Oregon State Board of Nursing, applies the nursing process to the care of patients. Teaches patients and significant others. Documents patient care in the medical record. Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team to effectively coordinate overall care of the patient.SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Able to read, write legibly, and converse effectively in the English language.
- Exhibits critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Flexible, able to prioritize and adapt to rapidly-changing patient and unit needs.
- Demonstrates effective teaching skills.
- Responds effectively to patient crisis/emergency situations
- Proficient in use of computer, including accessing internet, word processing, and documenting in an electronic medical record system.
- Maintains regular, consistent and punctual attendance at the assigned job location
- Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of Oregon
- American Heart Association Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) Provider card or obtain within 6 months of hire
- Complete hospital approved fetal monitoring within 6 months of L&D core eligibility
- STABLE or hospital approved neonatal stabilization program within 6 months of Nursery Core eligibility and renewal as indicated
- Bachelor's degree in nursing preferred
- National certification in lactation or perinatal area preferred
- Recent (within past 5 years) acute care hospital experience preferred
ONACompensation Grade Profile:
Bay Area Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Anti-Retaliation Notice