Duke Regional Hospital Duke Regional Hospital offers the personal touch and hometown feel of a community hospital while serving as an essential arm of internationally recognized Duke University Health System. Duke Regional has served Durham, Orange, Person, Granville and Alamance counties for more than 45 years. To be successful at caring for our community and have a strong reputation among patients who seek our care, we have 3,500 team members who work together to provide exceptional, compassionate and equitable healthcare 24/7. We are a place of learning and acceptance for team members just starting their careers, as well as an institution of family culture and professional development for employees who have served for decades in our hospital units.Duke Regional has 388 inpatient beds and offers a comprehensive range of medical, surgical and diagnostic services, including orthopedics, weight-loss surgery, women's services, and heart and vascular services. We also offer care at our Duke Rehabilitation Institute, Davis Ambulatory Surgical Center, Duke Ambulatory Surgery Center Arringdon, Health Services Center, and Duke Behavioral Health Center North Durham. In fiscal year 2021, Duke Regional Hospital admitted 16,422 patients, performed 18,152 surgeries and welcomed 2,673 babies into the world. U.S. News & World Report ranked Duke Regional Hospital as #9 in North Carolina and #4 in the Raleigh-Durham area for 2021-22. The Human Rights Campaign consistently names us a Healthcare Equality Leader, and we are a Joint Commission-accredited and Magnet-designated hospital. Duke Nursing Highlights:
Experienced RN - Duke Regional Hospital - Labor & Delivery , Durham NC 27704 Night Shift weeknights
- Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet organization
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year as North Carolina's Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance!
Duke University Health System- Duke Regional Hospital
seeks to hire an experienced Registered Nurse who will embrace our mission of Advancing Health Together. Newly Hired RNs (with at least two years Nursing experience) are eligible for a $15,000 sign-on bonus paid out over three years *** Relocation bonus available *** *** The unit is also eligible for up to $25,000 student loan forgiveness from your first Nursing degree *** Department Profile:
The Labor & Delivery Unit
at Duke Regional Hospital
is comprised of 17
-beds. This unit delivery an average of 200 patients each month.
- Level 2 facility delivering patients 32 weeks gestation and up.
- 24/7 in house OB, neonatal, and anesthesia provider coverage
- Focus on serving our community and partnering with our families to create a safe and respectful birth environment.
- High tech maternity care provided in a unit with lots of tenue and a close knit family environment.
- Ideal candidates will be able to function as a part of a large multidisciplinary team in a shared governance environment, and have a passion for family centered care.
- Prefer applicants with labor & delivery, critical care, or acute care experience.
As a Clinical Nurse with Duke University Health System, you will make providing service your priority while caring for the whole person in a patient-centered atmosphere. The Clinical Nurse (RN) is responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care responsibilities. Utilizing the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating) in achieving the goals of the nursing department. Plan and provide advanced and/or specialized nursing care for patients in guided by DUHS Professional Practice model participate in the clinical ladder program, educational activities, departmental committees, research projects or other health related projects as assigned. Provide nursing services to patients and families in accordance with the scope of the RN as defined by the North Carolina Board of Nursing. Adheres to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience Required:
All registered nurses without a Bachelor's degree in Nursing (or higher) will be required to enroll in an appropriate BSN program within two years of their start date and to complete the program within five years of their start date Licensure, Certification or Registration Required:
- Graduation from an accredited Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (or higher), Associate's Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program is required.
- Minimum 1 year of nursing experience required.
- Current registration with North Carolina State Board of Nursing as a registered professional nurse OR current compact RN licensure to practice in the state of North Carolina required.
- BLS (or higher) certification required.
- Professional specialty certification (preferred).
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.