You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as a Registered Nurse Educator.
Your compassion is tangible: patients feel it in the hand they hold. Families feel it in your prayers. Colleagues feel it in your support.
You know when to move quickly. When to sit quietly. When to laugh loudly.
You're great at what you do, but you want to be part of something even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be strong, the right team is invincible.Us.
St. Mary's Medical Center is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. Our 346-bed regional medical center is in Grand Junction, one of the most beautiful places on earth. Our mission is to bring health and hope to the poor, the vulnerable, our communities and each other.
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, we've launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health. Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools, tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and paid time off. We also offer financial wellness tools and retirement planning.We.
Together we'll align mission and careers, values and workplace. We'll honor each other's dignity and surpass the standards we set. We'll encourage joy, demand safety and take pride in our integrity.
We'll laugh at each other's jokes (even the bad ones). We'll hello and high five. We'll celebrate milestones and acknowledge the value of spirituality in healing.
We're proud of what we know, which includes how much there is to learn. Your day.
As an RN Educator you need to know how to:
- As the subject matter expert in their area of nursing specialty, leads the collaboration with nursing leadership to assess, develop and implements staff development and competency programs.
- Continually develops knowledge and skills in designated service area(s).
- Ensures staff competencies, practice patterns, and care coordination processes achieve highest quality patient care outcomes, and demonstrate the knowledge and skill necessary to provide clinically competent care.
- Functions as an expert clinician, role model, educator and mentor for clinical staff.
- Identifies staff strengths and opportunities for development through learning needs assessments and structures experiences for staff members' continual learning. Serves as a resource to new staff and preceptors in the orientation process.
- Provides input for evidenced based policies, procedures, practice standards, quality improvements, and programs based on research standards and identified opportunity.
We hire people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
Your next move.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN), required
- Current Colorado RN license, required
- Current BLS certification endorsed by the American Heart Association, required
- ACLS/NRP/PALS as appropriate for unit or service, required
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience, required
- Five (5) years of experience preferred
- Certification as appropriate for unit or service is preferred
- Nursing Professional Development (NPD) Certification is preferred
- Training, development of clinical staff and/or Preceptor experience is preferred
Now that you know more about being an RN Educator on our team we hope you'll join us. At SCL Health you'll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.
SCL Health is a faith-based, non-profit health care organization that operates 8 hospitals, four safety net clinics, one children's mental health center, and more than 190 ambulatory service centers in three states - Colorado, Kansas, and Montana.
SCL Health offers our associates excellent compensation and benefits, relocation assistance, and more. Our work environments are state of the art, but we never forget that our patients and their families are the center of the work we do. Our associates are integral to our organization and you will find you are valued for your talents, skills, and contributions to our ongoing work. Our varied locations offer something for everyone, to suit outdoor lifestyles, family-focused communities or all of the amenities of big city living.
Visit: www.sclhealthsystem.org/careers for the latest opportunities.
SCL Health was founded by the Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth (SCL), who trace their origin as a religious community to the 1600s in France. They opened their first private hospital in 1864, with the first trained nurse in the state and the first woman in the Western territory to run a hospital. In 1873, the sisters founded what is now Saint Joseph Hospital in Denver, the oldest private teaching hospital in Colorado, and one of the four Colorado hospitals of SCL Health. SCL Health was formed in 1972 to strengthen and unify the health care facilities sponsored by SCL. Our organization continues the spirit of focus within our communities with a special emphasis on serving the underserved.