Duke University Hospital Duke University Hospital is consistently rated as one of the best in the United States and is known around the world for its outstanding care and groundbreaking research. Duke University Hospital has 1,048 licensed inpatient beds and offers comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic facilities, including a regional emergency/trauma center; a major surgery suite containing 65 operating rooms; an endo-surgery center; a separate hospital outpatient surgical department with nine operating rooms and an extensive diagnostic and interventional radiology area. For 2021-2022, U.S. News and World Report ranked Duke University Hospital nationally in 11 adult specialties: cancer, cardiology & heart surgery, diabetes & endocrinology, ear, nose & throat, gastroenterology & GI surgery, gynecology, neurology & neurosurgery, ophthalmology, orthopedics, pulmonology & lung surgery, and urology. Duke University Hospital is also ranked first in North Carolina and first in the Raleigh-Durham area.
In addition to its hospitals, Duke Health has an extensive, geographically dispersed network of outpatient facilities that include primary care offices, urgent care centers, multi-specialty clinics and outpatient surgery centers. Duke Nursing Highlights:
Experienced RN - Duke University Hospital - Intensive Care Nursery - Rotating ShiftsNewly Hired RNs (with at least two years Nursing experience) are eligible for a $15,000 sign-on bonus paid out over three years*** Relocation bonus available ****** The unit is also eligible for up to $25,000 student loan forgiveness from your first Nursing degree ***
- Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet organization
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year as North Carolina's Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance!
Duke University Health System- Duke University Hospital
seeks to hire an experienced Registered Nurse who will embrace our mission of Advancing Health Together. Department Profile:
The Intensive Care Nursery
at Duke University Hospital
is comprised of a 67-
bed Intensive Care Nursery. Our team is active in delivering exemplary care for each patient to ensure an excellent patient experience, every time.
This unit provides care for more than 900 infants each year.
- Renovated unit opened in 2010 with 52 Level IV beds and 15 Level II beds.
- Over 900 admissions/year from southeast and worldwide.
- High frequency ventilation, inhaled nitric oxide, hypothermia treatment
- Focus on extremely low birth weight patients and their families.
- Expertise in care of extremely low birth weight infants, preemie and infants with persistent pulmonary hypertension and congenital diaphramatic hernia.
Ideal candidates will be able to function as a part of a large multidisciplinary team in a shared governance environment, and have a passion for developmental and family centered care.
Candidates would have the opportunity to work across the entire Intensive Care Nursery with Level II, III, and IV patients or can specialize their practice with Level II patients only in the Special Care or Transitional Care Nurseries. There are also opportunities for participation in multi-disciplinary committee work, and development of specialized skills such as PICC line placement.
Must have over 1 year of nursing experience.Work Hours & Shifts:Full Time: Rotating day/night shifts. Minimum of 2-4 weekend shifts per 4 week schedule.Job Summary:
As a Registered Nurse with Duke University Health System, you will make providing service your priority while caring for the whole person in a patient-centered atmosphere. The RN is responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care responsibilities. Utilizing the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating) in achieving the goals of the nursing department. Plan and provide advanced and/or specialized nursing care for patients in guided by DUHS Professional Practice model participate in the clinical ladder program, educational activities, departmental committees, research projects or other health related projects as assigned. Provide nursing services to patients and families in accordance with the scope of the RN as defined by the North Carolina Board of Nursing. Adheres to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience Required:
All registered nurses without a Bachelor's degree in Nursing (or higher) will be required to enroll in an appropriate BSN program within two years of their start date and to complete the program within five years of their start dateLicensure, Certification or Registration Required:
- Previous work experience as a clinical nurse is required.
- Graduation from an accredited Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (or higher), Associate's Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program is required.
- Current registration with North Carolina State Board of Nursing as a registered professional nurse OR current compact RN licensure to practice in the state of North Carolina required.
- BLS (or higher) certification required.
- Professional specialty certification (preferred).
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.