RN Manager - Registered Nurse - Labor & DeliveryDepartment:
Labor & DeliveryJob Description:General Description:
Under general direction of Nursing leadership, the RN Manager is responsible for the planning, direction and coordination of services to ensure that quality health care is delivered. The RN Manager is responsible for creating a dynamic patient-centered environment, managing and developing teams with hands-on clinical duties.Essential Responsibilities:
Responsibilities listed in this section are core to the position. Inability to perform these responsibilities with or without an accommodation may result in disqualification from the position.
- Directs and coordinates, through supervisors, the activities of the department.
- Leads, develops, coaches, and effectively manages the team to ensure deliverables and performance metrics are met. Develops team to accomplish results through training, development, performance management and recognition.
- Reviews and analyzes reports, records and directives.
- Monitors and analyzes costs, prepares budgets.
- Evaluates, develops and implements process improvements to enhance effectiveness.
- Responsible for the hiring, promoting, discharging and transferring of employees.
- Responsible for scheduling and staffing needs of the unit; available for staffing needs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Arranges appropriate in-services and continuing education programs to meet the needs of the staff.
- Ensures the proficiency of the staff on the unit.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Graduate of an approved school of nursing. BSN required; Master's level education preferredExperience:
Three (3) years of supervisory or charge nurse experienceLicense(s)/Certification(s)/Registration(s) Required:
Current RN License issued by the Oklahoma State Board of Nursing, or a current multistate compact RN License (eNLC). Current Basic Life Support issued by the American Heart Association required upon hire. ACLS (American Heart Association) required within 6 months of hire. Intermediate Fetal Monitoring certificate required within 6 months of hire. Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) required within 3 months of hire.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of professional nursing theory, practices, techniques and procedures.
- Managerial skills sufficient for organizing, developing and supervising a department and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to develop collaborative relationships with key stakeholders. Strong influence skills and ability to motivate others.
- Ability to maintain integrity and trust among leadership and staff
- Proven ability to manage a team of professionals and lead a departmental function
- Demonstrated business acumen. Demonstrated business understanding and ability to balance people/ organizational decisions with business considerations. Experience using metrics to drive decisions and working with external vendors.
- Must be a strategic thinker, self-motivated and have excellent problem solving and project management skills
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple high priority deliverables
- Knowledge of managerial functions such as budgets, statistical measures, report writing, performance improvement tools, etc.
- Proficient with the use of Microsoft Office tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Must able to prioritize and manage several tasks at one time
#CBCurrent OU Health Employees - Please click HERE to login.OU Health is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including PTO, 401(k), medical and dental plans, and many more. We know that a total benefits and compensation package, designed to meet your specific needs both inside and outside of the work environment, create peace of mind for you and your family.