Overview: *All positions are located in Fresno/Clovis CA
We are looking for a Manager for our Neonatal ICU team! In this role, you will direct, supervise and evaluate your team's performance in accordance with established unit goals. From being responsible for unit operation and scheduling, to leading the staffing and coordination of quality improvement, you will constantly have the opportunity to grow and share your expertise.
Clovis Community Medical Center opened at its current location as a 109-bed hospital in 1988. Since then, there's been nothing but growth. Today, Clovis Community has 208 private patient rooms and another 144 under construction. We've added a $68 million freestanding Cancer Institute and other specialty programs and now perform more than 13,000 surgeries annually.
We know that our ability to provide the highest level of care begins with our incredible staff. Because of this, we provide unique benefits like free concierge services to run your errands while you work and well-being support through on-demand resources, as well as excellent retirement options and core benefits. Financial benefits are important too, and outside base compensation, we provide relocation bonuses if you are moving to our wonderful community.
Responsibilities: Your Career at Community | Opportunity. Challenge. Growth.
In your role, you will:
- Direct the development, implementation, and evaluation of unit/departmental goals, objectives, policies, procedures, and standards of care which contribute to the achievement of patient care, strategic plan, and care delivery model. Assist Director with evaluation of service area outcomes.
- Assist Director with the budget process through resource identification and service area needs. Prepare budgets reflecting needed expenditures and operating income of all assigned functions. Take appropriate corrective action to ensure operations are managed within approved budgets. Report budget variances to the Director
- Coordinate and facilitate service area activities and overall functioning of the unit. Assign, direct and review the work of subordinate supervisors/other nursing personnel, work methods, procedures, workflow and standards for quality and quantity of work, including staffing standards.
- Manage staffing and scheduling functions to achieve unit objectives, cost-effective staffing and productivity targets.
Qualifications: Education & Experience Minimum Requirements:
Licenses and Certifications Minimum Requirements:
- High School Diploma, High School Equivalency (HSE) or Completion of a CHS Approved Individualized Education Plan (IEP) Certificate required
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing required
- Master's degree in Nursing OR Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) and Master's degree in a related field OR Certificate in Nursing OR Health Care Administration from a nationally recognized accrediting organization
- 3 years of nursing experience of which at least one year must be in a NICU facility that is equivalent to CHS NICU
- BLS - Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers by American Heart Association (AHA) required
- RN - Current State of California Registered Nurse license required
- NRP - Neonatal Resuscitation Program (for NICU only) required
- PALS - Pediatric Advance Life Support Certification (for Pediatrics and PICU only) required
- NATIONAL - National Certification related to specialty and applicable to role (for Pediatric in ICU and NICU) required