SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Hourly Wage Estimate: $31.32 - $47.68 / hour
Learn more about the benefits offered for this job.
The estimate displayed represents the typical wage range of candidates hired. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range.
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career as a Behavioral Health RN at The Behavioral Health and Wellness Center with The Medical Center of Aurora (HealthONE / HCA). Submit your application today!
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professional like you to be a part of our Behavioral Health and Wellness Center with The Medical Center of Aurora (HealthONE / HCA) team. Join us in our efforts to better our community!
As an Inpatient Behavioral Health Registered Nurse (RN) you are responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the care of the patient with a psychiatric illness.
What you will do in this role:
- You will function to seek methods to improve patient care on an ongoing basis.
- You will demonstrate knowledge of regulatory law as it relates to the care of the mentally ill patient.
- You will be assigned to one primary unit while also crossed trained to the other three psychiatric units with the expectation to float as needed.
- You will use basic physical assessment skills and demonstrate ability to care for the senior adult (geriatric) patient with a co-existing psychiatric diagnosis.
What qualifications you will need:
- Current licensure in the State of Colorado as a Registered Nurse, or current active multistate Registered Nurse license.
- Bachelors in Nursing (BSN) Preferred.
- BLS Healthcare provider through the American Heart Association or American Red Cross.
- CPI certification within 3 months of hire and re-certification every year thereafter.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. BSN Required.
- One year of acute care or one year of inpatient behavioral health preferred.
- PRN requirements are a minimum of 1 shift per pay period (average of 2 per month).
- PRN positions are not eligible for sign-on bonuses.<... Please click HERE to view full job description.