Overview: We are looking for a Clinical Nurse Educator to join our NICU team! In this fast-paced environmenIn your role, you will function as a clinical leader and expert in the highest level of sophisticated care at our Downtown Fresno campus � recognized by the Joint Commission for perinatal care services. As an intermediate neonatal intensive care unit, this unit cares for babies born around 28 weeks of gestational age or greater, ranging from moderate to high acuity. From collaborating with other nurses and healthcare professionals, to advancing nursing practice and clinical outcomes, you will be integral to your team and patient care!
As a Level III NICU, we provide around-the-clock care for some of the most critically ill and premature babies. We promote a compassionate and family-centered environment where parents are encouraged to be active partners in their infant's care. As part of our NICU team, you will have the opportunity to focus on the care of our infant patients while closely working with parents on the continuum of care of their baby.
Community Regional Medical Center is the largest of our three main hospitals and the flagship hospital of the Central Valley. This academic-affiliated, Level 1 Trauma Center is located on a 58-acre campus in downtown Fresno. It features one of the largest and busiest emergency departments in California as well as a comprehensive burn center. Our hospital serves 2.5 million people within 9 counties, averaging a daily census of 641 patients.
We know that our ability to provide the highest level of care begins with our incredible staff. Because of this, we provide unique benefits like free concierge services to run your errands while you work and well-being support through on-demand resources, as well as excellent retirement options and core benefits. Financial benefits are also important, and outside base compensation, we provide relocation bonuses if you are moving to our wonderful community. Responsibilities: In your role, you will:
* Develop, coordinate and evaluate unit specific training and orientation programs for new staff and provide oversight to service specific competency programs.
* Develop and provide ongoing educational programs for all staff based on information from the annual needs assessment. Ensure correct documentation of education records according to BRN and regulatory requirements.
* Act as a clinical resource and mentor to staff. Consult with staff to support point of care education programming, planning and implementation while continuously drawing staff into the process to strengthen participation.
* Collaborates with Advance Practice Nurse (APN) to evaluate and maintain RN performance standards. Design and evaluate innovations in nursing. Facilitate advancement of nursing practice in the organization through educational development and clinical mentorship.
Qualifications: *Education and Experience Minimum Requirements:*
* Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or graduation from an accredited School of Nursing required
* 2 years of clinical experience in area of specialty required
* Experience in patient and staff education development and implementation, quality improvement, program development and professional development required
*Licenses and Certifications:*
* BLS - Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers by American Heart Association (AHA) required
* RN - Current State of California Registered Nurse license required
* Additional unit specific requirements required