Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Responsible for the care activities and goal achievements of assigned patients by assessing, diagnosing, planning and intervening in actual or potential health problems and evaluating patient's response to care
Responsible health teaching and discharge planning
Acts as a member of a designated care team and collaborates, coordinates and guides team members in planning patient care activities
Demonstrates behaviors, which reflect the scientific knowledge, judgment and teaching skills of a professional nurse
Duties and Responsibilities:
Strength Through Diversity
- A capacity to learn, synthesize, make critical judgments, place patients and families first, and collaborate with team members who are recognized leaders within health care
- At least one year of acute care RN experience required
- Relevant clinical competence in area of nursing practice is critical for success; new graduates should possess current knowledge of the nursing of the nursing care delivery model and its application
- Labor/Delivery RN experience strongly preferred
- Medical / Surgical RN experience preferred
- BLS / BCLS certification required
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing / BSN required for all Clinical RN positions
- Exception: Associate Degree or Diploma in Nursing graduates considered for identified specialized areas of practice; Current matriculation in a BSN program with graduation date within one year of hire is required for consideration
- Current New York State Registered Nurse / RN license (or willingness and eligibility to obtain)
- The Clinical Nurse - Med/Surg (M/S) is a Registered Professional Nurse who provides safe, competent, quality care based on nursing theory and research to a designated group of patients and significant others.
- As an Adult Medical Surgical Registered Nurse, you will be responsible for managing the care of the adult patient experiencing general medical conditions or general surgical procedures
- Assists in development, implementation, and evaluation of standards of care and nursing professional practice in collaboration with the interdisciplinary care team and in accordance with institutional policies and regulatory agency requirements
- Assesses and evaluates patient needs for, and responses to, care rendered and applies sound nursing judgment in patient care management decisions
- Provides direct, continuous care for a specific caseload of patients through application of the nursing process - based upon theory, research, and approved Department of Nursing and institutional standards
- Coordinates patient care activities, based on established priorities, including teaching, rounding, counseling, and discharge planning, and directs/delegates appropriately to members of the health care team.
- The Adult Med/Surg RN reports directly to the Medical Surgical Nurse Manager.
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we're as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai's unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story! Who We Are Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve. Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke's, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.