Primary Health Solutions (PHS) is recruiting for an MA/LPN
to join the Women's Health team! PHS offers competitive pay, benefits, and a flexible schedule.**$1,500 Sign-On Bonus**PATIENT CARE:
- Assists patients by answering routine questions, resolving minor difficulties and giving directions to patients as authorized by the Provider.
- Documents all patient communication in patient charts to include any Provider directed instructions.
- Supports the patient through the education and information on community resources, such as classes, support groups and pharmacy assistance programs.
- Provides education and support to patients and families as directed by the Provider.
- Assists patients in basic self-management goal setting. Applies basic active listening and behavior modification principles in goal discussions with patients.
- Makes appointments as needed and directed by the Provider.
- As directed by the Provider, assists with routine office examinations and procedures that may include administering injections, medications, vaccinations, and blood draws.
- Documents all procedures in the patient's chart.
- Documents all patient interaction, tracks and attaches laboratory and diagnostic test
- results to patient charts; communicates results and orders to patients as directed by the Provider.
- Serves as a liaison to pharmacies (Ex. In regards to new and refill prescriptions and follows up with patients as needed).
- Participates in both patient and practice level meetings.
- Assists with patient/population communications such as calls or letters to remind of needed preventive or chronic care steps.
- Prepares, cleans, and sterilizes equipment and exam rooms as established by standard safety and clinical protocols.
- Properly handles the disposal of infectious/hazardous waste, according to OSHA guidelines.
- Inventories and requests supplies.
- Actively participates in quality improvement activities such as meetings, PDSA, pilots, data collection, evaluation of practice or location performance metrics, etc.
- Support a shared goal model in order to achieve high-quality care that is patient and family-centered
- Participates in scheduled pre-visit planning/huddle process
- Facilitates coordination of care following hospital, ER utilization or follow up from specialty providers
- May participate in team meetings and quality improvement activities as necessary
No direct reports.
Requirements: EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
At least a High School diploma or equivalent and graduation from an accredited program for Medical Assistants. MA Registration or Certification preferred but not required.