Duke University Hospital is consistently rated as one of the best in the United States and is known around the world for its outstanding care and groundbreaking research. Duke University Hospital has 1,048 licensed inpatient beds and offers comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic facilities, including a regional emergency/trauma center; a major surgery suite containing 65 operating rooms; an endo-surgery center; a separate hospital outpatient surgical department with nine operating rooms and an extensive diagnostic and interventional radiology area.
For 2021-2022, U.S. News and World Report ranked Duke University Hospital nationally in 11 adult specialties: cancer, cardiology & heart surgery, diabetes & endocrinology, ear, nose & throat, gastroenterology & GI surgery, gynecology, neurology & neurosurgery, ophthalmology, orthopedics, pulmonology & lung surgery, and urology. Duke University Hospital is also ranked first in North Carolina and first in the Raleigh-Durham area.
Registered Nurse (Experienced) - Duke University Health System - Gynecology Operating Room
- In addition to its hospitals, Duke Health has an extensive, geographically dispersed network of outpatient facilities that include primary care offices, urgent care centers, multi-specialty clinics and outpatient surgery centers.
Duke University Health System seeks to hire a Registered Nurse who will embrace our mission of Transforming Lives Transforming Care.The Gynecology Operating Room Unit
at Duke University Hospital offers highly skilled surgical expertise embedded in multidisciplinary, comprehensive and state-of-the-art care for the full spectrum of gynecology surgery. Our team is active in delivering exemplary care for each patient to ensure an excellent patient experience, every time.
At least one-year Operating Room experience preferred. Job Summary:
As a Clinical Nurse with Duke University Health System, you will make providing service your priority while caring for the whole person in a patient-centered atmosphere. The Clinical Nurse (RN) is responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care responsibilities. Utilizing the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating) in achieving the goals of the nursing department. Plan and provide advanced and/or specialized nursing care for patients in guided by DUHS Professional Practice model participate in the clinical ladder program, educational activities, departmental committees, research projects or other health related projects as assigned. Provide nursing services to patients and families in accordance with the scope of the RN as defined by the North Carolina Board of Nursing. Adheres to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience Required:
* Previous work experience (1+ years) as a clinical nurse is preferred; at least one year previous work experience as a registered nurse is required for a CN2 role.
* Graduation from an accredited Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (or higher), Associate's Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program is required.
* All registered nurses without a Bachelor's degree in Nursing (or higher) will be required to enroll in an appropriate BSN program within two years of their start date and to complete the program within five years of their start dateLicensure, Certification or Registration Required:
* Current registration with North Carolina State Board of Nursing as a registered professional nurse OR current compact RN licensure to practice in the state of North Carolina required.
* BLS (or higher) certification required.
* Professional specialty certification (preferred).Hours:
7a -5:30p M- F with a rotating day off
Holidays/call per unit needs
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.