The Women's Hospital is committed to recruiting and retaining top talent in a wide range of skills and occupations. We need exceptional people who share our passion for providing, family centered, high-quality care to fill clinical and non-clinical roles.
We are currently seeking a Full-time Certified Surgical Technologist (CST)
to join our team of professionals in Labor and Delivery/OB Surgery. The OB Certified Surgical Technician (CST) performs technical skills and assistance to surgeons, anesthesiologists, and registered nurses in the Operating/Delivery Room. This position is expected to work 36 hours a week.
This position is benefits eligible. Benefits include: tuition reimbursement, PTO accrual starting at hire (8.93 hrs
PTO/pay), health, vision, dental, disability and life insurance, 401(k) with match, and much more! WHY WORK FOR THE WOMEN'S HOSPITAL?
We offer a work environment that supports you personally and professionally, and a work culture where you are valued and appreciated. Examples include flexible work schedules for early risers, night owls, weekenders and everyone in between; an extensive benefits package with retirement savings, comprehensive health insurance and pet insurance; and the ability to give back by supporting programs and charities in our community. WHAT IS REQUIRED FOR CERTIFIED SURGICAL TECHNOLOGIST CANDIDATES?
WHAT ARE THE CST RESPONSIBILITIES?
- The CST must be a graduate from an accredited surgical technician training program and obtain certification within one year of hire
- The CST will be BLS certified and will remain current with all certifications
The CST will be knowledgeable of surgical/obstetrical procedures and instrumentation; safely operates all electro-surgical and disposable equipment; knowledgeable of operating room sanitation, maintenance, terminal cleaning of ORs by practicing appropriate sterilization/disinfection techniques; and demonstrates responsibility with supplies by stocking, ordering, replacing when needed.
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of surgical procedures and instrumentation.
- Performs all responsibilities/duties required as defined in the scope of service.
- Attends all required safety training programs and can describe responsibilities related to general safety, unit safety, and specific job-related hazards.
- Follows appropriate infection prevention practices and biohazard exposure plan.