This website is AudioEye enabled and is being optimized for accessibility. To open the AudioEye Toolbar, press shift + =. The toolbar contains the following
The AudioEye Help Desk to report accessibility and usability related issues.
The AudioEye Certification Statement to explain the ongoing web accessibility and usability enhancements for this website.
The Player tool to listen to this site read aloud. The Player is not intended as a substitute for your screen reader.
If you are unable to complete this application due to a disability, contact this employer to ask for an accommodation or an alternative application process.
Maternal Child Health Case Manager - RN
Regular Full-time Staff Nome, AK, US
30+ days ago Requisition ID: 1540
Salary Range: $40.40 Annually Onwards Position Title:
Case Manager - RN Maternal Child HealthDepartment:
Maternal Child HealthReports To:
Manager, Primary Care ClinicPosition Code:
CoveredOCC:WC:RBE:EHR: Purpose of Position:
Coordinate the overall interdisciplinary plan of care for obstetrical patients, serving as the liaison between patient/family and healthcare personnel to ensure necessary care is provided promptly and effectively; Prenatal education and post-partum follow up; May also provide leadership to direct reports or cross-functional team.
Uphold the organization's vision, mission, and corporate values. Demonstrate understanding of and compliance with organization's policies, procedures, code of conduct and work rules.Essential Functions:
- Perform OB interviews with pregnant clients in Nome and in the villages
- Promote patients' independence by establishing patient care goals and teaching patients and families to understand conditions, medications, and self-care skills
- Network with providers and agencies to provide ongoing follow-up and case management services; monitoring annual and 6 month assessments of client service plans and providing a monthly report of case management statistics to management
- Maintain contact with clients and providers (when required) to verify the amount, scope and duration of service identified on the plan of care
- Assist with planning and organizing specialty clinics and other events in support of healthcare promotion
- Coordinate monthly grand rounds with medical and other staff
- Act as a relief RN in the Outpatient Clinic when necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned
All Norton Sound Health Corporation employees are expected to consistently demonstrate the organization's values: integrity, cultural sensitivity and respect for traditional values, continual learning and improving, compassion, teamwork and pride. Employees are expected to demonstrate integrity, professionalism, accountability, cooperation with and consideration of others.Required Knowledge:
All Norton Sound Health Corporation employees are expected to have general knowledge of typical office technologies such as computers, printers, copiers, fax machines, and typical office software.
Job Specific knowledge is listed below:
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Specialized knowledge of maternal health, prenatal and neonatal care
- Knowledge of chart documentation and referral services
All Norton Sound Health Corporation employees are expected to have a broad range of skills and abilities centered on a strong patient focus, efficient performance, and teamwork. All employees should have patient/customer service skills, interpersonal skills and good communication skills. All employees should have the ability to manage their time and organize their work to ensure efficient performance. In addition, all employees should have the ability to follow policy, procedure and instructions, actively communicate with their supervisors to ensure understanding and manage their work accordingly. Finally, all employees should have the ability to understand and manage patient/customer confidentiality.
Job specific skills and abilities are listed below:
- Above average nursing skills and able to manage heavy case loads
- Ability to communicate with patients in very emotional circumstances
Emphasis on MCHExperience
working with high risk labor/delivery, neonatal and newborn care, etc.
Must have both general and supervisory experience if indicated. Credentials
Alaska Registered Nursing License, BLS and ACLSPhysical Requirements:
- Use hands and arms to operate office or clinical equipment
- Sit more than half the workday
- Stand and/or walk less than half the workday
- Bend, stretch, twist, crouch and/or reach
- Use hands and arms for repetitive motion tasks
- Lift or carry unaided less than 25 pounds
- See and hear with normal acuity
I attest that I do not have any physical, mental or medical impairment or disability that would limit my job performance.
- Work is conducted in a standard office environment
- Minimal travel is required (less than 25% of the time)
- Travel is required via large aircraft
- Travel is required via small (less than 16 passenger) aircraft
- Travel is required using snowmobiles, all terrain vehicles, or boat