St. David's North Austin Medical Center is committed to investing in the latest technology enabling nurses to work more efficiently.Are you passionate about delivering patient-centered care?Submit your application for Lactation Registered Nurse Consultant position and spend more time at the bedside with the patient.
At St. David's North Austin Medical Center we want to ensure we support you through all stages of your life as a nurse. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K(100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic AssistanceandReimbursementsfor Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discountsincluding Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home,Auto, andPet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term&Long Term Disabilitycoverage
- Legal Benefitsand lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
You contribute to our success let us contribute to yours! Whether you choose to focus on bedside care, a leadership or C-suite role, shape business and operational outcomes, or work to deliver clinical excellence behind the scenes in data science, case management or transfer centers. Unlock your potential at St. David's North Austin Medical Center!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Lactation Consultant champions and serves as an expert consultant for the facilitys Breastfeeding Program. The primary focus of this role is facilitating the initiation and continuation of breastfeeding by providing education and assistance to our patients. Additionally the Lactation Consultant will train and collaborate with the maternal nursing staff in order to provide consistent and accurate information to new mothers. We are an amazing team, that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you, who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do.
* You will provide breastfeeding education to new mothers and families based on current AAP guidelines and recommendations.
* You will assist with the management of patients with complex breastfeeding problems.
* You will provide lactation discharge teaching instruction and resources for on-going lactation support.
* You will provide education within the scope of the Childbirth Education Program as well as continued consultation to patients who are in need of services post-discharge.
* You will be responsible for creating policies and procedures within the scope of Breastfeeding.
What qualifications you will need:
* 2 years Maternal and Child Health or lactation consulting experience - preferred
* High school education or GED equivalent or enrollment in / graduate of higher level education from accredited university in related field
* College degree - preferred
Licenses and Certifications
* IBCLC at time of hire or within 2 years of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required per St. Davids Healthcare policy
* RNC OB preferred
* Current Texas Department of Healths Phase I and Phase II Intensive Lactation Education Programs preferred
* Trained Breastfeeding Educator (TBE) - preferred
St. Davids North Austin Medical Centeris a multi-specialty hospital in Texas with more than360 beds. The facility is home toSt. Davids Childrens Hospital,St. Davids Womens Center of Texasfeaturing a Level III NICU, a Kidney Transplant Center, and theTexas Institute for Robotic Surgery. Additional services offered at this medical center include 24-hour emergency care, heart and vascular care, neurology and neurosurgery, rehabilitation services, and inpatient and outpatient surgery.
St. Davids North Austin Medical Center is part of St. Davids HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. Davids HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits St. Davids Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Across HCA Healthcares more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give... Please click HERE to view full job description.